Installed Tuxera & NTFS 3G having major problems, HELP PLS.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Ok so I installed both of these and now I cannot see any of my externals when I plug them in. How do I go about uninstalling both of these programs and have my mac back to normal??

I installed them because I wanted to be able to write to one of my externals without having to reformat it but now I do not need to see as I don't work with windows anymore.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    You can disable it using the system preference (requires a reboot), that should let your drives mount using the OS mounting software. If it doesn't have an uninstall script, you may have to go the manual route but there's probably an NTFS-3G uninstaller somewhere online. There's no harm leaving it installed though and you can just enable it again when you need.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Thanks for your reply Marvin.

How do I go about disabling? Step for step would be greatly appreciated! Again thanks for taking the time to reply. I went ahead and used another 3rd party program but I just want to get rid of them both completely or disable both of them completely.

It seems like it may have slowed down my write speed.

I have a 2011 mbp 13" 4gig ram 2.3ghz i5 and I just copied 10gigs of data to my external via firewire 800 and it took over 16 minutes. I think somethings wrong or is that normal and I'm over analyzing it now?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbellSF View Post

How do I go about disabling? Step for step would be greatly appreciated!

They have system preference items that show if you go to Apple Menu > System Preferences. The Tuxera panel should look like this:

with disable and uninstall options. NTFS-3G or MacFuse has a system pref too and similar options.

Quote:

HI have a 2011 mbp 13" 4gig ram 2.3ghz i5 and I just copied 10gigs of data to my external via firewire 800 and it took over 16 minutes. I think somethings wrong or is that normal and I'm over analyzing it now?

That's pretty slow, it should be at least 5 times faster than that.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Ok so I uninstalled Macfuse/Tuxera and this is what I get now:

NTFS-3g could not mount /dev/disk1s1 at /Volumes/FreeAgent GoFlex Drive because the following problem occurred:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libfuse.2.dylib

Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/ntfs-3g

Reason: image not found
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Ok so I uninstalled Macfuse/Tuxera and this is what I get now

Did you reboot after uninstalling them?