Dead Man Walking: The President Obama won't be reelected thread.

Comments

• noahjnoahj Posts: 4,500member
    Anyone remember this story at all?

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/07/0...f-the-day-539/

Obama got all up in arms about corporate jet owners and was the one who signed the extension of tax breaks for corporate jet owners that was enacted by Bush. Guess what. After all that talk about it, he is apparently going to extend it again. Lucky corporate jet owners!

I need to find a written version of the story as I heard it on a Lars Larson northwest reports while driving home from work. He should really be consistent in his platform and not reward the very thing that he tirades against. \
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

He may not have founded it but was really the first notible figure :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...publican_Party

That does not make him the founder, nor does it make the statement any more correct thatbefore you posted that information. Nor does it make Obama any smarter or dumber for him saying it. The real issue is that the media appeared to be covering up his flub while most others they would at the very least simply leave it as spoken, and at worst would have a field day with it.
  • jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Anyone remember this story at all?

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/07/0...f-the-day-539/

Obama got all up in arms about corporate jet owners and was the one who signed the extension of tax breaks for corporate jet owners that was enacted by Bush. Guess what. After all that talk about it, he is apparently going to extend it again. Lucky corporate jet owners!

I need to find a written version of the story as I heard it on a Lars Larson northwest reports while driving home from work. He should really be consistent in his platform and not reward the very thing that he tirades against. \

Ahhhh!!! Lars! The most embarrassing thing on the media in the Northwest!

Here's a good example :

Larson often makes me want to barf also. What a fat headed blowhard!
    Quote:

Ahhhh!!! Lars! The most embarrassing thing on the media in the Northwest!

Here's a good example :

Larson often makes me want to barf also what a fat headed blowhard!

Well, considering that I don't listen to him I will have to take your word for it. It was a 30 second blurb in between traffic and weather on my 15 minute drive home.

However, I would disagree that he is the most embarrassing thing on the media in the northwest. I do not hear anything about him at all overall. So how bad could he really be?
  • trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

That's called a McSteak!

From your link-

"Update from Russell Cook:

It now says at the top of the transcript page now "EDITOR'S NOTE: The original transcript provided on this page, as was noted, reflected the president's remarks as prepared for delivery and released by the White House. This transcript has been updated to reflect the remarks as delivered and released by the White House."*

Quote:

He may not have founded it but was really the first notible figure :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...publican_Party

You guys must be part of that small percentage that is still happy with him.
  • sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 16,190member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Yeah, people may rejoice in Obama not being re-elected but think about it... What are the alternatives? You'd just be substituting him with a Republican that may be better, but could possibly be worse. What great plans do the Republican contenders have? Can they solve the supposed bitter political divide and the financial crisis?

And that's pretty much the whole Obama reelection supporter talking point memo: He sucks, but someone else might such just as much, or even more!
  • nofeernofeer Posts: 2,422member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

And that's pretty much the whole Obama reelection supporter talking point memo: He sucks, but someone else might such just as much, or even more!

well we took a chance with obama.....and it sucks

so lets hope he finds other employment and the other sucks less

but remember its our fault, the majority voted him in....very excited....now much less not even his base is enthusiastic

but weasels like apathetic uninvolved electorate that are not engaged like that community in california where the weasels voted themselves millions but people weren't involved and LET IT HAPPEN

so lets hope for less sucky
  • floorjackfloorjack Posts: 2,726member
    Quote:

It's kind of how bush got reelected. Kerry was such a flop that no one wanted to vote for him. It remains to be scene if republicans put someone up as passable.
  • sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 16,190member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

It's kind of how bush got reelected. Kerry was such a flop that no one wanted to vote for him. It remains to be scene if republicans put someone up as passable.

Bush was re-elected for a few reasons. The primary one was terrorism and war. People didn't want to change horses in the middle of the race, so to speak. I also think that while the Left went bonkers over his economic policies, the economy was strong enough that people didn't vote with their wallets (or they did...whichever way you want to look at it). The last reason was as you said...Kerry was a horrible candidate. There wasn't a lot of enthusiasm for him among Democrats and moderates. In that regard, many people were enthusiastic about Bush. There was still quite a bit of patriotic, post-9/11 fervor at the time, which I think led to this enthusiasm.
  • nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:

Er, no, one need not be an Obama supporter. Ideally one would make a decision about who's best for a country. So on one hand you have Obama and on the other hand, you have... Not very attractive alternatives.

It looks like the 2012 election will come down to the lesser of two evils for many people.

That said, if another "debt ceiling crisis"-like impasse happens there should be a double(triple?)-dissolution election. Wipe the slate clean. I'm of course not sure how this works in the US system, I admire the system of checks and balances in which you can have a different Executive branch and a different Legislative (particularly lower house) branch. But it also can be a disadvantage to have a system where he/she who controls the lower house is not the Prime Minister or President.
    Quote:

Funny, not fully truthful, but I laughed.
  • jazzgurujazzguru Posts: 6,435member
    Is there anything Obama can't do?!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Convince me to vote for him...
  • jazzgurujazzguru Posts: 6,435member
    Zing!
  • trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,255member
    Quote:

Yeah, people may rejoice in Obama not being re-elected but think about it... What are the alternatives? You'd just be substituting him with a Republican that may be better, but could possibly be worse. What great plans do the Republican contenders have? Can they solve the supposed bitter political divide and the financial crisis?

Any Republican at this stage couldn't possibly be worse. The only thing he/she could be is basically a Democrat-lite aka BUSH and in that regard they might damage the Republican brand but would certainly harm the country itself at a much slower pace.

Bush's most massive deficits are the sort of thing we would love to have right now. Gee you mean we are only overspending by $450 billion this year? THANK GOODNESS!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

well we took a chance with obama.....and it sucks

so lets hope he finds other employment and the other sucks less

but remember its our fault, the majority voted him in....very excited....now much less not even his base is enthusiastic

but weasels like apathetic uninvolved electorate that are not engaged like that community in california where the weasels voted themselves millions but people weren't involved and LET IT HAPPEN

so lets hope for less sucky

I guess that's what happens when people's reasoning doesn't even fill up a good bumper sticker. HOPE&CHANGE!

Quote:

Er, no, one need not be an Obama supporter. Ideally one would make a decision about who's best for a country. So on one hand you have Obama and on the other hand, you have... Not very attractive alternatives.

It looks like the 2012 election will come down to the lesser of two evils for many people.

That said, if another "debt ceiling crisis"-like impasse happens there should be a double(triple?)-dissolution election. Wipe the slate clean. I'm of course not sure how this works in the US system, I admire the system of checks and balances in which you can have a different Executive branch and a different Legislative (particularly lower house) branch. But it also can be a disadvantage to have a system where he/she who controls the lower house is not the Prime Minister or President.

The division is intentional. The President isn't just a Prime Minister. While our system of government isn't perfect I think the type you mention is far worse. The Euro is near failure and many other countries, Japan as an example basically seem to be having their governing coalitions come apart every 14-18 months and are having elections called due to lack of confidence. To me, that would be far worse.

Quote:

Speak intelligently without a teleprompter?

Now in some new news, the loss of Anthony Weiner's district, is seen as a stinging rebuke to Obama. I know we can obscure this fact by hating on religion and calling everyone idiots, but as our Democratic friend's loved to remind us, elections have consequences and in 2012 it appears people will really have that branded into their memory like never before.

Quote:

The heavily Democratic district, which spans parts of Queens and Brooklyn, had never sent a Republican to the House. But frustration with the continued weak national economy gave Republicans the edge.

Turner has vowed to bring business practicality to Washington and push back on spending and taxes.

The race was supposed to be an easy win for Democrats, who have a 3-1 ratio registration advantage in the district.

• marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

It's here. It's anything but queer since it has been absolutely predictable and the reality is crashing down so there is no chance of it going away.

Obama is a one-term president. He will not be reelected.

The points that plot the line are becoming clear and not only are they not pretty for Obama and his reelection prospects, they are outright scary for most folks because of the violent calls to action and self-delusions that are emanating from the political left.

Matt Stoller asks what can be done about Obama because so much destruction is being done to the Democrats. The part he forgets is that the Democrat are merely being led by him and that the policies enacted would not be any more successful if someone could articulate them better, be more forceful or go bigger.

The damage is massive.

The die is cast. The numbers won't change and the question is whether to have a party challenge and go down in flames or go down in an even uglier way.

The Telegraph notes Obama is the candidate of fear and the status quo. The only chance Democrats have in 2012 is to literally scare people to death so badly that they refuse to leave their homes and vote on the fact that many of them haven't been employed for large sections of Obama's entire first term.

Maureen Dowd is thinking one and done.

(Maybe he was never that force Maureen, check your premises.)

Mis...mis....dis.... perhaps the solutions are just wrong rather than just being mistimed, miscommunicated, mishandled, etc.

It's almost like the producers have to produce rather than having utopia arrive by fiat.

How has Obama treated those who actually have to do the work? Victor Davis Hanson has the answer.

Meanwhile in all these wonderful blue state areas, the looters are busy looting.....

Nate Silver hits on a "paradox" only confusing to those who buy the leftist delusions.

What is the "paradox"? In all the areas where the economy is doing well, aka where there are not blue-state, heavily regulated and unionized policies, Obama has not gotten much credit for a decent economy largely because those economies operate in opposition to him.

Don't worry though, the paradox will be resolved by screaming racism.

If they aren't resolved by screaming that then don't worry. Just threaten them and take those son's of bitches out.

Remember the ideal model is Europe where 40% of the perpetually cared for population are suffering from mental illness.

But they aren't really suffering from mental illness. You are if you expect policies of Obama to have been effective and desire to hold him accountable for what he has done as president.

Does anyone seriously believe Obama will be reelected? See if you can defend that claim without claiming -isms or exhibiting any mental illness.

Obama buried himself when he was touting his health care plan continously and ignoring the economy and the deficit growing.Wanting a mandate people must buy health insurance or they will be fined.This is crazy! Unfortunately there is no one decent to take over as president really.
    Quote:

Funny, not fully truthful, but I laughed.

Quote:

Quote:

Convince me to vote for him...

Quote:

Zing!

There's the spirit! You guys are way too serious sometimes.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

The division is intentional. The President isn't just a Prime Minister. While our system of government isn't perfect I think the type you mention is far worse. The Euro is near failure and many other countries, Japan as an example basically seem to be having their governing coalitions come apart every 14-18 months and are having elections called due to lack of confidence. To me, that would be far worse...

Yeah, UK, European and Japanese systems aren't that fantastic sometimes.

But UK and Europe got messed up because of their handling of debt and the EU/EC/Euro, not so much because of their parliamentary systems.

In fact I think the European challenge is that individual European countries tend to be reasonably politically stable but when it comes to the EU/EC/Euro there are some very grey areas about sovereignty, management of currencies, the European Central Bank, "slacker" EU members (they're even called PIIGS) and so on. That's been Europe's achilles heel, the attempt at bringing the countries together as the United States Of Europe.

Japan... Yeah, something went horribly wrong there.

I'm hoping Australia continues on the path of being one of the few developed nations that isn't financially imploding. The parliamentary system is somewhat tenuous since the lower house led by the Prime Minister only achieves a majority on a bill with the support of up to six independent lower house members. This has always been a sticking point of multi-party systems when you have a few members holding the balance of power of the whole government. So far, the independent members have played ball... they had to agree on which of the 2 major parties to support so that government could be formed. But these independent "crossbenchers" could easily cause havoc by sabotaging either of the two major parties at any time they choose.

Again I'm kinda late to the party (pun unintended), but I think this is what the Tea Party is trying to do. They're trying to be a third party in a two-party system and if the non-Tea Partiers are mostly in gridlock as is the case now, then they tend to have some kind of "balance of power". It is scary because you are seeing the rise of a non-official political party effectively holding huge sway over mainstream politics, and holding great influence over the two major parties.

Democracy's a bitch sometimes...!
    Quote:

Yeah, UK, European and Japanese systems aren't that fantastic sometimes.

But UK and Europe got messed up because of their handling of debt and the EU/EC/Euro, not so much because of their parliamentary systems.

In fact I think the European challenge is that individual European countries tend to be reasonably politically stable but when it comes to the EU/EC/Euro there are some very grey areas about sovereignty, management of currencies, the European Central Bank, "slacker" EU members (they're even called PIIGS) and so on. That's been Europe's achilles heel, the attempt at bringing the countries together as the United States Of Europe.

Japan... Yeah, something went horribly wrong there.

I'm hoping Australia continues on the path of being one of the few developed nations that isn't financially imploding. The parliamentary system is somewhat tenuous since the lower house led by the Prime Minister only achieves a majority on a bill with the support of up to six independent lower house members. This has always been a sticking point of multi-party systems when you have a few members holding the balance of power of the whole government. So far, the independent members have played ball... they had to agree on which of the 2 major parties to support so that government could be formed. But these independent "crossbenchers" could easily cause havoc by sabotaging either of the two major parties at any time they choose.

Again I'm kinda late to the party (pun unintended), but I think this is what the Tea Party is trying to do. They're trying to be a third party in a two-party system and if the non-Tea Partiers are mostly in gridlock as is the case now, then they tend to have some kind of "balance of power". It is scary because you are seeing the rise of a non-official political party effectively holding huge sway over mainstream politics, and holding great influence over the two major parties.

Democracy's a bitch sometimes...!

Well, when it comes to our elections system, it was not supposed to just be a 2 party system. The people were supposed to elect the person they wanted to run the country. The parties came in to consolidate the power and provide a platform to get the person the party wanted elected out to the people. Now people act like that is the only choice they have.