Disable FSCK or FSCK_HFS at Boot?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi guys,

I'm running Mac OSX 10.6.8 and I've recently been encountering these silly progress bar loading everytime I boot for the past few days.

I went into verbose mode today and found out that fsck_hfs kept on running at boot time.

Is there a way to disable fsck / fsck_hfs on boot so I don't get this very long progress bar at boot?

I've tried looking at the services in launchctl, but I don't know which file (com.apple.***) contains the command that runs fsck at boot.

Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by johannelim View Post

Hi guys,

I'm running Mac OSX 10.6.8 and I've recently been encountering these silly progress bar loading everytime I boot for the past few days.

I went into verbose mode today and found out that fsck_hfs kept on running at boot time.

Is there a way to disable fsck / fsck_hfs on boot so I don't get this very long progress bar at boot?

I've tried looking at the services in launchctl, but I don't know which file (com.apple.***) contains the command that runs fsck at boot.

Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

You might want to try booting from your OSX DVD and running Disk Utility to check your drive. There is probably an issue with the drive which is flagging for a fsck to be run at boot up. Once Disk Utility has done a full scan and cleared all of the issues it should no longer force fsck to run on boot.

Note. If there are repairs made during the disk check with disk utility it is best to re-run the disk check until no further errors or repairs/changes are made.