spin by Fox news

Posted:
in PoliticalOutsider edited January 2014

Comments

• digitalclipsdigitalclips Posts: 15,380member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jj.yuan View Post

They are clueless, I suppose --> http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...-analysts-say/

That is the best laugh I've had in ages. On par with the usual reporting (making stuff up I should say) from that source.
  • irelandireland Posts: 15,572member
    Quote:

They are clueless, I suppose --> http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...-analysts-say/

Do link to or read that crap site/organization.
  • shenshen Posts: 434member
    Quote:

Honestly, who with an IQ over room temp doesn't know you can't take FauxNews seriously?
  • sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 16,208member
    Quote:

Spun by Reuters.

And the media echo chamber is engaged. We have an "expectation" that is now rumored to be reduced. Of course, it was the analyst's expectation to begin with, and it's also his/her EXPECTATION that orders will decrease.

In other words, it's complete bullsh*t
  • apple ][apple ][ Posts: 8,129member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shen View Post

Honestly, who with an IQ over room temp doesn't know you can't take FauxNews seriously?

I am to going to be fairly conservative in my estimates and I'd say that I'm worth about 6 or 7 liberals, in terms of intelligence and it is fairly obvious for anybody with a brain to see why Fox News is as popular as it has become. When it comes to political issues, Fox News is currently the only major news network who dares to be critical of the current regime. The other networks, such as MSNBC and CNN suck so much dick, that they're almost completely in the pocket of the current administration. People with diminished mental capacities who like to watch liberal dick sucking and vile propaganda tune into channels like MSNBC, while other more sane people who prefer more critical reporting tune into Fox.

As for this Fox article about Apple, they're merely citing a bunch of Analysts, and whole bunch of them are quoted in the article. I bet you that if the exact same article had appeared on another news site, then the same brainwashed liberals that are getting their panties all wet right now, wouldn't be doing so.
  • sacto joesacto joe Posts: 604member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I am to going to be fairly conservative in my estimates and I'd say that I'm worth about 6 or 7 liberals, in terms of intelligence and it is fairly obvious for anybody with a brain to see why Fox News is as popular as it has become.

What I see is a pompous jackass who responds not with intelligence but with the typical filthy-mouthed banter of the intellectually challenged. But then, what could one expect from a supporter of Fox News and their right wing propaganda.

I've reported the filth, BTW. Hopefully, someone will let you know that you need to clean up your act.
  • adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,723member
    Quote:

I am to going to be fairly conservative in my estimates and I'd say that I'm worth about 6 or 7 liberals, in terms of intelligence and it is fairly obvious for anybody with a brain to see why Fox News is as popular as it has become. When it comes to political issues, Fox News is currently the only major news network who dares to be critical of the current regime. The other networks, such as MSNBC and CNN suck so much dick, that they're almost completely in the pocket of the current administration. People with diminished mental capacities who like to watch liberal dick sucking and vile propaganda tune into channels like MSNBC, while other more sane people who prefer more critical reporting tune into Fox.

As for this Fox article about Apple, they're merely citing a bunch of Analysts, and whole bunch of them are quoted in the article. I bet you that if the exact same article had appeared on another news site, then the same brainwashed liberals that are getting their panties all wet right now, wouldn't be doing so.

Anyone who is as smart as you claim to be, doesn't have to tell us. Their actions will show us. You do provide an interesting point of view when you aren't talking about all that conservative vs. liberal non-sense most of which isn't actually true or based on the facts.

As for fox news, I watched them for years and not because I agreed with them. I watched them because they were able to make the news entertaining even when I didn't agree with them at all which was most (90%) of the time.

I like you as a person though.
    Quote:

I am to going to be fairly conservative in my estimates and I'd say that I'm worth about 6 or 7 liberals, in terms of intelligence and it is fairly obvious for anybody with a brain to see why Fox News is as popular as it has become.

Yes, it is obvious. When you have your parties talking points served up as if they were news and you doesn't mind that multiple studies show that simply watching the station means you tend to be less informed about reality, you like it there in your nice fuzzy home where they reinforce your prejudice, ignorance, and jingoism. It is a winning formula for getting viewers.

It just isn't that great for informing people or reflecting reality.

But i am sure you are the exception to all studies, and are far smarter than all the rest of us.

"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." -John Stuart Mill
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

Anyone who is as smart as you claim to be, doesn't have to tell us. Their actions will show us. You do provide an interesting point of view when you aren't talking about all that conservative vs. liberal non sense most of which is easily debated when people actually care to do it.

I don't claim to be that smart, though I'm certainly smarter than probably 95% of liberals, but that isn't really saying much. If somebody is going to claim and repeat the liberal talking point about "faux news" viewers being dumb, then I would like to challenge them to a duel, an intellectual duel, and they had better be prepared to lose.
  • macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    Quote:

I am to going to be fairly conservative in my estimates and I'd say that I'm worth about 6 or 7 liberals

Thankfully we live in a democracy where you're outnumbered 7 to 1.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Thankfully we live in a democracy where you're outnumbered 7 to 1.

In terms of percentages, conservatives and moderates far outnumber liberals in this country, who only make up a tiny piece of the pie.
    Quote:

In terms of percentages, conservatives and moderates far outnumber liberals in this country, who only make up a tiny piece of the pie.

Cockroaches outnumber people. They are still less than human. As are most conservatives.

Also, the appeal to numbers to support an ideology is a logical fallacy. You just lost the dual of intellect you were bragging about winning, and we haven't even started. Well done.

On the plus side you are an excellent representative of your political ideology.
  • adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,723member
    Quote:

I don't claim to be that smart, though I'm certainly smarter than probably 95% of liberals, but that isn't really saying much. If somebody is going to claim and repeat the liberal talking point about "faux news" viewers being dumb, then I would like to challenge them to a duel, an intellectual duel, and they had better be prepared to lose.

Sure.

Like I said before show us.
    Quote:

You just lost the dual of intellect you were bragging about winning, and we haven't even started. Well done.

The dual of intellect?

If this an example of you showing off your superior liberal dual-core intellect, then you might as well give up right away.
    Quote:

The dual of intellect?

If this an example of you showing off your superior liberal dual-core intellect, then you might as well give up right away.

So if you commit a logical fallacy and I commit an iPhone autocorrect you are smarter?

I think I can let the case rest on that alone...
  • wovelwovel Posts: 953member
    Quote:

So if you commit a logical fallacy and I commit an iPhone autocorrect you are smarter?

I think I can let the case rest on that alone...

You missed the part where he was defending fox news. Do not expect logic or reason to show up.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sacto Joe View Post

What I see is a pompous jackass who responds not with intelligence but with the typical filthy-mouthed banter of the intellectually challenged. But then, what could one expect from a supporter of Fox News and their right wing propaganda.

I've reported the filth, BTW. Hopefully, someone will let you know that you need to clean up your act.

Yes, how dare he have a different opinion.
    Quote:

Cockroaches outnumber people. They are still less than human. As are most conservatives.

Also, the appeal to numbers to support an ideology is a logical fallacy. You just lost the dual of intellect you were bragging about winning, and we haven't even started. Well done.

On the plus side you are an excellent representative of your political ideology.

And you showed what a partisan hack you are by attacking all conservatives.
  • brbr Posts: 8,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

And you showed what a partisan hack you are by attacking all conservatives.

Did you call Apple ][ a partisan hack when he essentially said all liberals were retarded? Nope.
  • tontontonton Posts: 14,063member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR View Post

Did you call Apple ][ a partisan hack when he essentially said all liberals were retarded? Nope.

Not to mention it was the pot himself calling the kettle "hack".