Apple website spelling mistakes ???

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Can anyone tell me what is going on at Apple with all the spelling mistakes on their website ?

Just read a post on techpowerup website Kepler NVIDIA about someone complaining about Apple spelling mistakes.

Example: http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs.html

AMD Radeon HD 6490M graphics processor with 256MB of GDDR5 memory on 2.0GHz configuration; or AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory on 2.2GHz configuration

(native), 1280 by 800, 1152 by 720, 1024 by 640, and 800 by 500 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio stretched; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio stretched

cache; or optional

drive; optional

Note the ; and . that is there or missing. This would explain the false battery numbers there. 7 hours for wifi web NOT even in sleep mode.

Is this the reason why we get IGP video in the MAC Book Pro's ? instead of low level outdated NVIDIA 570m or previous gen. outdated AMD HD 6870m ?

Did the manufacturers make mistakes reading the specs and Apple was stuck with the end results AMD HD 6750m ?

Hopefully someone here on appleinsider would call Apple, Steve is only away for what 30 days and this is happening ???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by G7Cube View Post

Note the ; and . that is there or missing.

I would, but you've made it unreadable and indecipherable.

Quote:

This would explain the false battery numbers there.

What 'false' battery numbers?

Quote:

Is this the reason why we get IGP video in the MAC Book Pro's ?

Spelling errors? Are you fricking kidding me?

All computers are moving to integrated graphics. Get used to it.

Quote:

Hopefully someone here on appleinsider would call Apple, Steve is only away for what 30 days and this is happening ???

Again, what in the WORLD are you talking about?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    So did anyone here contact Apple about these defects / spelling / grammar on the Apple website or not ?

Off Course not and Apple employees is blocked from reading this website so go figure.

No of course SJ did not micro manage the text on the Apple website but sure as hell this would never have happened when he was there or it would have been proof read or fixed with 1 hour.

This must be so embarrassing for Apple ??

Seems like no one at Apple is doing their jobs but only standing around waiting for SJ to keel over and die so they can cash in and run.

"I would, but you've made it unreadable and indecipherable."

O so you an not see the ; in front of you ?

or the missing full stop or dot or whatever you call it or you can not open the Apple website and read for yourself.

LMAppleO at Apple employee "Tallest Skil"

Very impressive, maybe Apple should hold your hand after wiping your backside to help you understand this / read what is in front of you.

"Tallest Skil"

Sry dude for your education, talk to your Gov. about your wonderful education and your lack / ability to read at your age. Not my fault.

Still can someone contact Apple and get them to fix this ; . defects on their website.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    I've always wondered what the proof-reading and editing process is like at Apple. In the past, I just assumed that Steve Jobs read everything first lol

tijuana dentist directory best dentist in mexico dental implants tijuana mexico
  • Reply 4 of 10
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:

Can anyone tell me what is going on at Apple with all the spelling mistakes on their website ?

Just read a post on techpowerup website Kepler NVIDIA about someone complaining about Apple spelling mistakes.

Example: http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs.html

AMD Radeon HD 6490M graphics processor with 256MB of GDDR5 memory on 2.0GHz configuration; or AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory on 2.2GHz configuration

(native), 1280 by 800, 1152 by 720, 1024 by 640, and 800 by 500 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio stretched; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio stretched

cache; or optional

drive; optional

Note the ; and . that is there or missing. This would explain the false battery numbers there. 7 hours for wifi web NOT even in sleep mode.

Is this the reason why we get IGP video in the MAC Book Pro's ? instead of low level outdated NVIDIA 570m or previous gen. outdated AMD HD 6870m ?

Did the manufacturers make mistakes reading the specs and Apple was stuck with the end results AMD HD 6750m ?

What spelling mistakes?

You need to go back to school to learn how to read column based material "cache; or optional " is not its own phrase, it is part of the longer passage "2.0GHz or 2.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 6MB shared L3 cache; or optional 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 8MB shared L3 cache". It is acceptable to separate bullets written inline with semi-colons, you do not need to treat the intentional sentence fragments as full sentences because that would be a dumb and wrong thing to do.

The rest of both your posts are utterly unintelligible. You can hardly blame Apple for not adhering to your view of American English, your understanding of American English is whacked.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

This must be so embarrassing for Apple ??

No, but I'm certainly feeling embarrassed for YOU because of how poorly you're getting your point (is there one?) across.

Quote:

waiting for SJ to keel over and die so they can cash in and run.

What in frick's name is wrong with you?

Quote:

LMAppleO at Apple employee "Tallest Skil"

If I were an employee, I'd be in GUI R&D. Sort of my dream job.

Quote:

Still can someone contact Apple and get them to fix this ; . defects on their website.

How about you write ONE coherent sentence first so that we can figure out what you're on about?
  • Reply 6 of 10
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:

Why the fuck don't; you; do; it?
  • Reply 7 of 10
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bancho View Post

fitting image

See, it's more that Steve Jobs is trolling G7Cube and he's taking it out on us.

There's not actually anything wrong here. Other than his inability to use the English language to express his disappointment at Apple being unable to use the English language as terribly as he can.

So really, Steve's the troll.

• Reply 9 of 10
    A spelling error can occasionally happen to anyone, but in this case are there ... If you want to give Apple feedback website, go to: ...
  • Reply 10 of 10
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    This is the weirdest thread of the past few weeks.