Apple, Google gain in US smartphone share as RIM, Microsoft continue slide

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 52
    negafoxnegafox Posts: 480member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

All I can say is........buy AAPL now.......BEFORE the earnings report.

Now, what you do is steal the DeLorean and go back in time 10 years to buy a ridiculous number of APPL shares.
  • Reply 42 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

Some interesting perspective:

It really surprised me that Apple and RIM are so close together, both in the single digits, with Samsung and LG both having such a commanding lead, each with more than twice the penetration.

Samsung might start to pull away fast too, given the one-two punch of the Galaxy S2 rollout and the upcoming Nexus Prime.

Apple & RIM are in single digits because that is for all mobile subscribers (Smartphone & Non-Smartphone).

In which Apple actually went up 1.1%

http://www.comscore.com/Press_Events...r_Market_Share
  • Reply 43 of 52
    conradjoeconradjoe Posts: 1,887member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JurgenM View Post

Apple & RIM are in single digits because that is for all mobile subscribers (Smartphone & Non-Smartphone).

In which Apple actually went up 1.1%

http://www.comscore.com/Press_Events...r_Market_Share

Yes, of course.

It is interesting that AI compared Apple to M$ in the article, who is also near the bottom of the heap. Do you think that Apple's three-model strategy will serve them well? And what about the step of making the iPhone free with contract?

Will either of those allow Apple to catch up to either Android in the OS sphere, or Samsung in the hardware arena?
  • Reply 44 of 52
    dickprinterdickprinter Posts: 1,060member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Negafox View Post

Now, what you do is steal the DeLorean and go back in time 10 years to buy a ridiculous number of APPL shares.

I did, but it was more like 13 years ago @ a split adjusted $4.25 a share. I just continue to pile more on top during times like these, like 1st thing this morning.
  • Reply 45 of 52
    dickprinterdickprinter Posts: 1,060member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

Yes, of course.

It is interesting that AI compared Apple to M$ in the article, who is also near the bottom of the heap. Do you think that Apple's three-model strategy will serve them well? And what about the step of making the iPhone free with contract?

Will either of those allow Apple to catch up to either Android in the OS sphere, or Samsung in the hardware arena?

It's not a race. If you compare total mobile OS share, iOS kicks everyone's ass. If you single out 1 manufacturer of phones shipping w/Android, Apple kicks their ass. If you want to add Samsung+LG+HTC+every other manufacturer of Android phones, Apple will lose. Big deal.

So tell me.....what was the percentage of profit Apple takes of the smartphone market?
  • Reply 46 of 52
    firefly7475firefly7475 Posts: 1,502member
    I wish they didn't bundle Windows Mobile and Windows Phone. For all intents and purposes they are two separate operating systems.

I also wonder at which point RIM's free fall will start to level out.
  • Reply 47 of 52
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 48 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

So, how much money is Samsung making from this? Not being sarcastic or argumentative, I'd like to know.

why would you care?

why does anyone care really?
  • Reply 49 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

You've got to give credit where credit is due. Android really executed well. They were able to copy the iPhone very quickly. I still think they are kind of the bottom of the ecosystem though sort of like cockroaches. Very successful but rather disgusting opportunists.

Tell me...what of Android is like iOS? I'll be waiting.
  • Reply 50 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Well there is honorable business and illegal business and lots of shades of gray in between. People who say things like 'nothing personal just business' are more likely to be on the devious side of that bell curve. Sort of like our friend Eric Schmidt who wasn't entirely honest about his intentions when he sat on the Apple board.

let me guess, you believe Schmidt blatantly took ideas from Apple while on the board, fed them to Google and then made Android and somehow, someway, the extremely litigious Apple has yet to file any sort of charges against Schmidt or even make any comment about such wrong doings right?
  • Reply 51 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dickprinter View Post

i did, but it was more like 13 years ago @ a split adjusted $4.25 a share. I just continue to pile more on top during times like these, like 1st thing this morning.

jersey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 52 of 52
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted