ios 5 and phone numbers in Calendar

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Search doesn't work so I have to ask without checking...

Can you dial a number that appears in a calendar entry with IOS 5? I am SHOCKED that this was never in there to begin with...but...

Thanks,

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by scottsweet View Post

Search doesn't work so I have to ask without checking...

Can you dial a number that appears in a calendar entry with IOS 5? I am SHOCKED that this was never in there to begin with...but...

Thanks,

I can do this with iOS 4.3.5. Are you saying it doesn't work with iOS 5?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bancho View Post

I can do this with iOS 4.3.5. Are you saying it doesn't work with iOS 5?

I can't do it with my current Iphone 4 with ios 4.3.5. If there is a phone number in a meeting, you cannot just touch the phone number with the conference info and dial.

I have loaded a separate app called ApptDialer to do this.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

I can't do it with my current Iphone 4 with ios 4.3.5. If there is a phone number in a meeting, you cannot just touch the phone number with the conference info and dial.

I have loaded a separate app called ApptDialer to do this.

I'm not sure what to tell you. I've tried it multiple times with the phone numbers formatted in different ways and I can't get it to *not* work.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bancho View Post

I'm not sure what to tell you. I've tried it multiple times with the phone numbers formatted in different ways and I can't get it to *not* work.

Hmm..I use Microsoft Exchange and ActiveSync....do you?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Hmm..I use Microsoft Exchange and ActiveSync....do you?

I see now. I, at first, thought you were just referring to being able to dial a phone number from an appointment (which the iOS handles fine for the most part).

The app you mentioned looks like it's really tailored to handling more than just the phone numbers.

In my experience this app would help with conference call numbers a bit, but not much. My clients do not all set their telecoms up the same way so there are usually additional prompts for name (or not) and some other info that is not always evident in the invite information. So the app would be able to get me close, but I'd still have to fiddle with the keypad to git into my meetings. I imagine if they (my clients) could all set their information up consistently then this would be quite helpful. It's certainly not worth me dropping $4 on, but that's just me (YMMV).