75 billion cash or 28 billion cash

Posted:
in AAPL Investors edited January 2014
Why do people say Apple has a $75 billion dollar cash horde? I looked at the quarterly balance sheets and looks like $28 billion to me. The $53 billion other assets might partly be cash outside US. Can anyone clarify?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    There was an article on Marketchwatch that tells you everything. Apple has 76 Billion in cash, the US Treasury has 72 Billion.

My last post was 04-07-2011 with Apples earnings recommendation. Now I?m back again. The whisper number for Apples earnings on 18 Oct 11 is out. The consensus is for 7.15 a share, the whisper number is 8.42 per share which means that Apple will report 1.27 per share over consensus estimates. I believe they will come in at 9.03 per share and 2.02 above estimates or better. Nobody?s talking about it, but on 18 Oct 11, Apple could become the first company with 100 BILLION in cash on hand. You heard it from me first!
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ayaghsizian View Post

Why do people say Apple has a $75 billion dollar cash horde? I looked at the quarterly balance sheets and looks like $28 billion to me. The $53 billion other assets might partly be cash outside US. Can anyone clarify?

Apple's not like Scrooge McDuck with piles of cash sitting in a large vault, they do put their money to work, so it's not all held as "cash."