MacBook won't turn on

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have a late 2008 unibody MacBook with a 2.4Ghz core2duo. I've owned it for about 1.2 years now. My girlfriend for about 6 months before that. It has always been great. It is my only computer.

I left the house today and it was on my desk powered up, plugged in to the wall and my 24" monitor. When I came home everything was dark. I tried the mouse and keyboard then the power button. Nothing. Held the power button down for 3 seconds and got a small pewww sound. Very faint. No fans running or anything. Pulled the battery and held the power button down for 5 seconds, still nothing. Pulled and reseated the ram, nothing. Replaced the ram with the factory ram that came with the machine. Still nothing. Just that faint pewww sound when hitting the power button.

I have no idea what the problem is or what could have gone wrong. We didn't have any power surges or brown outs while I was gone. I'm upset. I'm typing this on my iPhone because that's my only computer and I don't have the money to reach it.

I made an appointment with the Apple store for tomorrow. But does anyone know of anything else I could try or what might be wrong?

Comments