AT&T hedges iPhone 4S bet with 5 new Android devices

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by muadibe View Post

I still can't understand how these companies can produce what seems to be at least 5 new phones each week. How can companies possibly focus??? Do we really need so many different kinds of phones?

Would you prefer a lot of choice like this or would you prefer an update to your phone every 16 months like the 4S ? If you were disppointed in the iPhone 4S and plan to wait for the next release, it could be perhaps 12+months away.

If you like the Android, then there are lots of manufacturers and something in the next month might appeal to you.

Apple is targetting the high end only. Android has many manufacturers targetting the whole spectrum of users including high end.
  • Reply 42 of 42
    majjomajjo Posts: 574member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jkichline View Post

Because having 19 different versions of the same thing doesn't confuse consumers at all...

As I've heard said many years ago... "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull____"

19 sounds like a lot, but its not that hard to narrow down:

do you want a tablet or phone?

phone: down to 12 choices

do you need "4G"?

yes: down to 6 choices

What size screen do you want?

3.8 in: 1 choice

4.0 in: 2 choices

4.3+ in: 3 choices

Personally I'm interested in the capactive glide; might replace my G2 with it. I've been out of contract for 5 months now; been waiting on the iphone 5 announcement, but since we got the 4S instead, I don't think I wanna lock myself for 2 years with that phone.

Still going to wait to see what google does with ICS and the new nexus before I make my decision tho.