Apple issues Mac OS X 10.7.2 update with iCloud support

Comments

• Reply 21 of 82
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mercurysquad View Post

It's getting hammered...

I'm on a 100mbps campus network and it says 5 hrs remaining!

lucky you! I'm on my wifi at home, and its estimating about (equivalent hours) 4 and a half weeks to go!

course, Time Warner might be unhelping too...
  • Reply 22 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

What was wrong with it before? I used it daily with no issues.

Safari is absolutely, inexcusably, embarrassingly bad.

The memory leak would take terabytes of RAM if you had them. It crashes every single time without fail if you try to reopen a closed tab but have opened another since.

Among other problems.
  • Reply 23 of 82
    Safari's not that bad in Lion?but there are some problems which need to be worked out. It performs quite smoothly for me until I start throwing dozens of tabs at it, and then it slows to a crawl. I've continued using it because it isn't bad enough for me to bother with the fuss of using a different browser and I'm expecting Apple to clean up some of the mess.

I hadn't thought about the Webkit nighties. That's a good solution if the most recent update doesn't address some of the new Lion Safari issues.
  • Reply 23 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

The memory leak would take terabytes of RAM if you had them. It crashes every single time without fail if you try to reopen a closed tab but have opened another since.

Among other problems.

Have to say I've never experienced any of this. Safari takes up more memory than it used to, true, but mine never crashes or leaks memory.

Still no combo update
  • Reply 25 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

It can't be that hard to support iCloud in Snow Leopard, not everyone can upgrade to Lion, certainly none of the 32bit Intel Macs. I wonder what are Apple's motives?

Beats the crap out of me. They want all Mac users to upgrade to Lion (even if costs them thousands)? The rumor back in August was that an incremental Snow Leopard update would include an iCloud preference pane, but this nowhere in sight as of today, and the official word is Lion only. Then we see that Apple is supporting iCloud in Vista, so that's just insult added to injury.
  • Reply 26 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

So much for delta updates.

I don't recall them mentioning delta updates for OS X, only iOS, but I could be wrong there. Even if it were a delta update, I don't think it's unreasonable for this update to be this large. iCloud forces them to change the underlying architecture of just about everything in the system.
  • Reply 27 of 82
    mcrcnmcrcn Posts: 27member
    I am just on a residential cable modem and it took less than 10 minutes to download the 888 MB package.
  • Reply 29 of 82
    azjayazjay Posts: 40member
    Just downloaded and installed the 888MB in 10 minutes, about a minutes to go on the iPhoto download. Curious, shouldn't their be an iWork update as well?
  • Reply 30 of 82
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hittrj01 View Post

I don't recall them mentioning delta updates for OS X, only iOS, but I could be wrong there. Even if it were a delta update, I don't think it's unreasonable for this update to be this large. iCloud forces them to change the underlying architecture of just about everything in the system.

I'll give you that.
  • Reply 31 of 82
    Any support for the latest generation AMD or nVidia Graphics Cards in MacPro's...? Thought not.
  • Reply 32 of 82
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Could anyone explain the size of this?

Scrap that actually, I just noticed iPhoto is over 700MB. Why so big?

• Reply 33 of 82
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

Direct link to OS X Lion Update 10.7.2 Client Combo (818.59 MB DMG file)

Awesome - thanks! I have six Mac's and three different iOS devices to update today so that will really save on my already smoking internet connection!
  • Reply 34 of 82
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Among other problems.

Wow. I'm running Lion on a brand new Mini. No problems whatsoever. Actually, there is one. I sometimes go back page after page to the point where I confuse it, but that's more a case of how easy it is to swipe with Safari on a Magic Trackpad.
  • Reply 35 of 82
    Can someone post the 10.7.2 Server combo update? Not appearing in software update.
  • Reply 36 of 82
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 503member
    Now that Lion is in the Mac App Store, do we really need combo updates? What's the story there. I've been downloading those combo updates for so many years that I've forgotten why I even do it.
  • Reply 37 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post

Indeed. Add the updates for iOS 5 and Apple's servers are going to be pretty frigging busy today. Wow.

Well, that's what the new server farm is for...SJ must be pretty happy seeing all those updates from Apple Heaven today
  • Reply 38 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matthewmspace View Post

Can someone post the 10.7.2 Server combo update? Not appearing in software update.

Never mind, it's now on the support download page.
  • Reply 39 of 82
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

What was wrong with it before? I used it daily with no issues.

If you have more than a handful of tabs open it really bogs down. It's almost unusable

I too am hoping this update fixes it since I am loathe to switch to another browser.
  • Reply 40 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

So much for delta updates.

Imagine the size if it wasn't a delta.