NO SIRI in Canada - BELL MOBILITY telling CANADIANS, SIRI not available

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I've been told by Bell Mobility after I place my preorder for 2 IPHONE 4S that the greatest feature of the IPHONE 4S called SIRI is not available in Canada for Canadian Apple Customers. Can anyone confirm this? Or did us Canadians get the American Corporate shaft again?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prince1 View Post

I've been told by Bell Mobility after I place my preorder for 2 IPHONE 4S that the greatest feature of the IPHONE 4S called SIRI is not available in Canada for Canadian Apple Customers. Can anyone confirm this? Or did us Canadians get the American Corporate shaft again?

So I've recently found this post regarding the issue fyi, http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/iphone-...se-us-english/
  • Reply 2 of 2
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    This is I believe due to a technical issue.

Apple found out that Canadians have weird accents and no matter what they tried, Apple couldn't get Siri to understand what these people were saying. The error rate was simply too high and it was deemed to be not acceptable. It has been rumored that the bare minimum requirement for Siri to properly function and fully understand Canadian speech would be a Quad Core CPU, so perhaps next time, sorry.

Needless to say, I am just kidding of course, and hopefully everybody will have Siri soon, even Canadians.