cloud os 5

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
i have cloud, os 5 on ipad and iphone and imac with lion 10.7.2

notes are not pushing form phone /ipad

i dont see how to store documents from mac to cloud, such as excel or text edit files

on icloud.com i only see contacts calender iwork mail find iphone where is itunes and photo

basically i dont see cloud working. i did buy itunes song and it went to all devices

so what am i missing here?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    You don't get seem to it at all.

Read this for clarification.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    gdoggdog Posts: 224member
    i dont understand what you wrote? anyway if i make a change in notes on iphone it should show up on ipad, correct? i figured out photo its only when you take a new one. documents i dont understand. if i originate on imac how do i get it to cloud? thx
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gdog View Post

i dont understand what you wrote? anyway if i make a change in notes on iphone it should show up on ipad, correct?

I'm really not sure about Notes. I only have one iDevice that can run iOS 5. But I think Notes syncing isn't from device to device, but only from iDevices to Mail on your computer. I could easily be wrong, of course, as I can't test that between two iDevices.

Quote:

documents i dont understand. if i originate on imac how do i get it to cloud? thx

Documents are movable/editable between iOS' iWork and the iCloud website. Not that you can't upload a document from desktop iWork there, of course.

You can't, say, assign a folder on your computer full of iWork documents to sync to iCloud automatically, but you can put them there from your computer in the iCloud.com interface.

And then you can open download any of those from iCloud.com onto any computer that can open iWork files (or any iDevice that can do it) to edit or view them.

The other way around, documents created on, say, an iPad, are automatically uploaded to iCloud, I believe.