iCloud Problems

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
After getting everything installed on both an iPad1 and an iPhone4, I discovered that I had accepted the default offered for my iCloud username and password on my iPhone. Because it is not the same on all devices, there was no cloud sharing. The iPad has the message app but none of the contact data came over from the iPhone. The iPhone has the incorrect username/pw but I got it right on the iPad.

The problem is that I cannot change the username/pw on the iPhone. The software tells me that it doesn't match and offers an "edit" function, but it does not work. The username is grayed out. There is no way to change it.

When I check Setting>iCloud, I see the "Account Not Verified" display and get a pop up error message from iCloud saying "User name or password is incorrect" and offering the options to Ignore or Edit. Choosing Edit takes me to the iCloud Account panel with Apple ID showing the incorrectly chosen information grayed out therefore it cannot be changed. Strangely, the password field is active and I can change it, but there is no Apple ID set up for that user name (nor do I want to set one up for it).

I've posted with Apple support but suspect that it will be days before their teams can get to it due to being swamped with release calls. I've also read many forums and even found the subject, but none of the offered solutions work for me.

Anyone?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    iPhone:Settings:iCloud: (scroll to the bottom and select "Delete Account", then start over??)

now... that delete option MAY not be available since the account hasn't been verified... I doubt that's the case, but I can't confirm it since mine was set up correctly from the first try.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

iPhone:Settings:iCloud: (scroll to the bottom and select "Delete Account", then start over??)

now... that delete option MAY not be available since the account hasn't been verified... I doubt that's the case, but I can't confirm it since mine was set up correctly from the first try.

Thank you very much!

You saved me from restoring the iPhone to the previous OS and doing the upgrade all over again.

The Settings/iCloud then scroll down and delete worked perfectly even though iCloud had not been verified on this phone. After I deleted the incorrect iCloud account ID, I entered the correct one with its password and it worked.

Thanks again!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    with iCloud what documents are they talking about?

i have a document portion to my home in lion, and where is the "badge" for documents

and how does my itunes get to the cloud i have all updated software, itunes lion ios 5.0