twitter notification not working in ios5

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Anyone else experience this with the update? I have notifications turned on for Twitter. I get mail, messages and phone notifications on the lock screen but twitter doesn't seem to come up. I am new to twitter, but assuming that posts should come up there...? Everything else seems to work great on iphone4.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by robertmartin View Post

Try to update your software

He's on iOS 5. He can't.

If you mean the Twitter application, he shouldn't need that.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    In ios5 went to twitter in the general settings and it said instal...I clicked that and set up an account and turned it on in the notification center. It works fine if I open twitter...I just assumed it should push to the notification center like messages, mail, phone, etc. No big deal just wondered if this was consistant with what others were experiencing.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    I would assume it wouldn't notify in twitter. If you follow a lot of people that would be a lot of notifications and would get annoying.

I guess that is also why they would make it an option you can turn off, so I dunno.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Think I found the answer. Go to a specific group/person you follow there you will see a more tab under that you can set notifications. This makes sense then if you follow a ton of things you won't automatically get bombarded....you can pick which ones you want to be notified by. Makes sense. Don't know if actually works, but trying it now.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Nice. I had this same question. Seem not so obvious of a fix.. not sure if it worked yet but we'll see
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Didn't work...thought it would bummer.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post

Didn't work...thought it would bummer.

It's possible that Twitter notifications are using a port being blocked by your ISP. One way to know is to turn off WiFi and see if it works on cell only. Or, see if it works when you're on another WiFi network.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

It's possible that Twitter notifications are using a port being blocked by your ISP. One way to know is to turn off WiFi and see if it works on cell only. Or, see if it works when you're on another WiFi network.

Tried with cell only and still nothing. As I said I am new to Twitter, but I can't imagine having to scroll through everyone you follow daily....and I only follow 5 things. Hopefully Apple or Twitter will make this work eventually in ios5.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Quote:

Tried with cell only and still nothing. As I said I am new to Twitter, but I can't imagine having to scroll through everyone you follow daily....and I only follow 5 things. Hopefully Apple or Twitter will make this work eventually in ios5.

I have the same problem. All of my notifications for every other app follow the notification settings, but I never receive Twitter notifications.

The notification settings within the Twitter app also are correct. I guess I'll just have to wait for someone to fix this.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    For a workaround in the mean time, enable text messaging in your twitter account.

In Twitter go to Settings>Mobile to set up. Once you enable mobile notifications for the particular people you want, you'll get the updates via text message on your iphone lock screen, etc.

I imagine it'll be updated in a future revision....

(i had to figure this out so I could follow the LSU game while having to study in the library....)
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jcifan View Post

For a workaround in the mean time, enable text messaging in your twitter account.

In Twitter go to Settings>Mobile to set up. Once you enable mobile notifications for the particular people you want, you'll get the updates via text message on your iphone lock screen, etc.

I imagine it'll be updated in a future revision....

(i had to figure this out so I could follow the LSU game while having to study in the library....)

Nice...thanks for the tip. Seems like a good work around until they fix it.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:

Think I found the answer. Go to a specific group/person you follow there you will see a more tab under that you can set notifications. This makes sense then if you follow a ton of things you won't automatically get bombarded....you can pick which ones you want to be notified by. Makes sense. Don't know if actually works, but trying it now.

It did not work for me. I sent Twitter Support a direct message about the problem but never heard back.