Samsung lawyer couldn't tell iPad and Galaxy Tab apart from 10 feet away

Comments

• Reply 61 of 194
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neo42 View Post

All this proves is that the samsung lawyer is an idiot. The aspect ratio is different between the two devices and this should be obvious at 30+ feet to anyone that isn't blind

Maybe he is one of those people that watch 4:3 television stretched out to 16:9 and his perspective is all off.
  • Reply 62 of 194
    jonamacjonamac Posts: 388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post

I would say the length of a moment is about the amount of time a judge needs to think "jesus, Samsungs own lawyers can't tell the difference".

It's funny because it's gotta be true!
  • Reply 63 of 194
    Quote:

I would say the length of a moment is about the amount of time a judge needs to think "jesus, Samsungs own lawyers can't tell the difference".

Yes! And about the same amount of time to detect that poster you are quoting is a troll...

...A busy little troll, but a troll, nonetheless!
  • Reply 64 of 194
    neo42neo42 Posts: 287member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

The judge's point is still valid. If all that distinguishes one from the other is aspect ratio, it's still a copied design.

From a distance just about every LCD or Plasma television looks identical AND have the same aspect ratio too. I don't think similar looking fronts (remember, only the front was shown) of different sizes warrants design copy. Then again I am not a patent troll.
  • Reply 65 of 194
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Um, that dude's name is Kathleen.

is she blonde??? just kidding

anyways still unprepared, it is funny been a high profile case like this one that they failed to recognize the product they represent in court.
  • Reply 66 of 194
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jonamac View Post

Personally, I think Apple will ultimately have to concede that the iPad's form factor is inherent to the tablet form factor. Ultimately, the iPad is a screen with a black border and round edges. There's only to much you can do with that.

Some iPads have a black screen with a White border.

In fact, if Sammy were smart, they'd pick a different color for their tablets -- maybe:

• Reply 67 of 194
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neo42 View Post

From a distance just about every LCD or Plasma television looks identical AND have the same aspect ratio too. I don't think similar looking fronts (remember, only the front was shown) of different sizes warrants design copy. Then again I am not a patent troll.

Glad to know you aren't a patent troll. Now who exactly is one???
  • Reply 68 of 194
    conradjoeconradjoe Posts: 1,887member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

So you're claiming that Samsung isn't paying their attorneys enough for them to be able to afford glasses?

Must be. Unless Samsung isn't paying their lawyers enough to be able to afford glasses, which is unlikely, then it must be that
  • Reply 69 of 194
    jack99jack99 Posts: 157member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Wow, why did Apple even bother litigating when they could have checked with internet lawyers who have decisively concluded that they have no case?

Because they're well aware of the problems inherent in patent law and are exploiting them?
  • Reply 70 of 194
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

I know, right? Samsung needs to lay off the photocopying

This coming from someone who parrots Steve Jobs' very own lines? I wouldn't be talking if I were you.
  • Reply 71 of 194
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Yes! And about the same amount of time to detect that poster you are quoting is a troll...

Yes, he's firing on all cylinders today, isn't he. In at least 3 or 4 threads.
  • Reply 72 of 194
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jack99 View Post

Because they're well aware of the problems inherent in patent law and are exploiting them?

Awww, too bad Apple can't pass that knowledge along to Samsung so it doesn't try to bring FRAND patents to the table as a defense.
  • Reply 73 of 194
    This will just make it bad for tech over all. Can you tell a samsung Tv, Lg Tv, Sony TV, and Vizio TV from 20 feet away. This may set a precedent going the wrong way.
  • Reply 74 of 194
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

He must get paid by the word.
  • Reply 75 of 194
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by freckledbruh View Post

Awww, too bad Apple can't pass that knowledge along to Samsung so it doesn't try to bring FRAND patents to the table as a defense.

"Touché, Monsieur Pussy Cat!"
  • Reply 76 of 194
    Quote:

I think you're replying to the wrong comment, or you're lost.
  • Reply 77 of 194
    Quote:

Nope. The post acted as if Apple has some super secret mojo to manipulate patent law in its favor and I stated that too bad it can't pass that knowledge along to Samsung which is making foolish legal (and business) mistakes. Maybe you are the one who is lost.
  • Reply 78 of 194
    Quote:

He must get paid by the word.

You may be on to something, here....

How does one monetize trolling?

... Post lots of links and get paid for click-thrus, maybe?
  • Reply 79 of 194
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple v. Samsung View Post

This will just make it bad for tech over all. Can you tell a samsung Tv, Lg Tv, Sony TV, and Vizio TV from 20 feet away. This may set a precedent going the wrong way.

Though they all pretty much take the same form, the logos at the bottom center of each of their bezels would be a dead giveaway.
  • Reply 80 of 194
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Wow, why did Apple even bother litigating when they could have checked with internet lawyers who have decisively concluded that they have no case?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No, some people know what you are talking about... though, that doesn't appear to include you!