No terminal

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
HI I am new to Apple. I got my Macbook pro yesterday. I draged my terminal from Application>Utilities to Desktop. To my stupidity I deleted the terminal. Now I cannot find the terminal. How do I restore/reinstall the Terminal here.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    What do you by "I deleted the terminal"? To delete the Terminal, you must drag it to the Trash and then empty the Trash. If you did not do this, then the Terminal is still there.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

What do you by "I deleted the terminal"? To delete the Terminal, you must drag it to the Trash and then empty the Trash. If you did not do this, then the Terminal is still there.

Yes I have deleted it. infact I deleted the whole /Users/myname/Desktop folder due to which i lost my terminal. There no in trash as well.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gandip View Post

Yes I have deleted it. infact I deleted the whole /Users/myname/Desktop folder due to which i lost my terminal. There no in trash as well.

The Terminal isn't on your Desktop. And you can't possibly have outright moved it there. Your computer would have prevented you from doing that.

Yep, you didn't do it. You trashed an alias. Applications/Utilities should still be in Applications/Utilities.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

The Terminal isn't on your Desktop. And you can't possibly have outright moved it there. Your computer would have prevented you from doing that.

Yep, you didn't do it. You trashed an alias. Applications/Utilities should still be in Applications/Utilities.

No there was not any . I removed the whole app thing. both from dock and finder I could not see it. Hence I had to reinstall the OSX. Now I got it back by reinstalling. Thanks to all!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gandip View Post

No there was not any.

You would have had to USE the Terminal to delete the Terminal, which is also impossible. You didn't delete it and wasted your time reinstalling the OS.

Quote:

both from dock and finder I could not see it.

What about Spotlight?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    synpsynp Posts: 248member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You would have had to USE the Terminal to delete the Terminal, which is also impossible.

Sure it's possible. If you have an administrator account and try to drag the Terminal to the Desktop, you just get one of those authentication dialogs (just like you would get if you tried to use sudo in the terminal.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by synp View Post

Sure it's possible. If you have an administrator account and try to drag the Terminal to the Desktop, you just get one of those authentication dialogs (just like you would get if you tried to use sudo in the terminal.

Nope, you get an alias.