how to make a 10.1 disc from a .dmg file?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
i sent someone the .dmg file of 10.1 since he is currently using 10.0 and never got the update disc at the store. how can he burn the .dmg file onto a disc and use it to update his computer? does he need to do it in toast? and is it difficult to make it bootable? thanks for you advice in advance. i just can't stand the idea of someone still using 10.0 and wanted to help get this guy 10.1 since he wanted to use the new imovie.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Hey, Man!! Could you send that 10.1 file to me. I'm using 10.0. and I really would like to update. If you could send it to me. I'll try to figure out how to burn it on a disc. My email is [email protected]

Thanks
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Well, it looks to me like all you have to do is select Image->Burn Image... in Disk Copy.

I haven't tried it, but I'd guess that it would work.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    stefanstefan Posts: 24member
    Disk Copy 6.5 can burn .dmg files in OS 9 too.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    i'll tell him to boot back into 9. i don't think you can do an image burn in 10.0. wasn't there a big stink about only being able to do music cd's with 10.0 and that was fixes in 10.1?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Can anyone send me the 10.1 dmg file. I would really like to upgrade with out losing $100. Can anyone help me.

Thanks alot

Email: [email protected]

I have cable internet for fast downloads.

Average speed. : 100MB/per47min