Automatic redialer?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My ISP has an annoying three-hour timeout on internet connections. Does anyone know if there is a way (utility/ app/ script, etc) of setting my Mac (running X 10.1) to automatically redial my connection after such a timeout and then continue a download while I am away from my computer or asleep?

Any info gratefully received

Thanks

The Blue Meanie

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    The MarcUK found a utility on Versiontracker called TurboInternet2.1 that you launch before you go online. I've only used it to resume downloads when my ISP dumps me off, but I understand it can also speed-up connections and do a couple of other neat things. BTW it was freeware.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    [quote]Originally posted by MarcUK:

<strong>The MarcUK found a utility on Versiontracker called TurboInternet2.1 that you launch before you go online. I've only used it to resume downloads when my ISP dumps me off, but I understand it can also speed-up connections and do a couple of other neat things. BTW it was freeware.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The Blue Meanie thanks The MarcUK for his kind tip. He will definitely give TurboInternet a run for its no money