Help with iOS 5 beta?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
My phone has a constant 2 spinning arrows in the status bar next to 3G/Wifi symbol. I believe that it means the phone is trying to sync, but I am not connected to any PC's and I do not have iCloud backup serviced turned on.

It seems as if apple is discouraging questions about iOS 5 on the community boards so I have resorted to posting here. I didn't have this issue until I returned my broken iphone and then restored a my new one from a backup. At first I kept receiving an error about not being able to install all the apps or something similar to that.

I believe this constant syncing is killing my battery life so any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:

It seems as if apple is discouraging questions about iOS 5 on the community boards

Strange. It's almost as though the software IS A DEVELOPER PREVIEW THAT YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE NOR ASK ABOUT ANYWHERE BUT APPLE'S SPECIFIC DEVELOPER FORUMS or something.

Quote:

I believe that it means the phone is trying to sync, but I am not connected to any PC's and I do not have iCloud backup serviced turned on.

So you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about how iOS 5 works nor bothered to take the time to read Apple's own pages?available to CONSUMERS, even?about how it works.

Got it.

Quote:

I believe this constant syncing is killing my battery life so any help is greatly appreciated.

You have a Settings app. Check it out.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    You have a beta of iOS ?

Then why not go straight to Apple with your problem? (When you registered with Apple as a developer you got the contact information you need... along with the reasons they don't discuss beta software on their consumer forums.)