IPhone 4S or Android or laptop?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Soon, I want to get one and only one of these three items

I'll probably need a laptop for high school for homework.

I also want a phone...

But I can only get one so I'll say what I need to

1) It needs to have a GOOD camera. Like, if I were to take a pic of very detailed notes, I want the letters to show up clearly. I think Android was known for good cameras...

2) I need Skype

3) I should be able to connect to wi-fi at a store

I think I should cross the iPhone out sinceI only like it for siri, apps, and design. Nothing much really

I have t-mobile anyway...

So...android or laptop

If android, what kind of android?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Well, the iPhone fulfills all three of your requirements, though the 3GS might not the first; you'd have to test one yourself to determine whether the quality suits you.

Android also should fulfill all three, but you'd have to test every camera on every phone you look at. I can't provide any camera quality experience with any Android phones; sorry.

Siri's one of the best reasons NOT to cross out the iPhone.

Though since you have T-Mobile, you'll have (want) to expend the money on an unlocked model instead of jumping through the hoops of paying for a subsidized one, paying the first month's bill, paying activation, and then canceling before your second month comes up but after the first 30 day and paying the ETF? and then unlocking and going to T-Mobile.

That's too complicated; just spring for the unlocked one, and you can do that with the 4 and 4S.

The 3GS is free on contract, so if you wanted that one, you'd do what I said but wouldn't incur any more charge than activation+first month+ETF, and all three are usable on T-Mobile.

As for picking an Android phone, your guess is best. Look around; head to a Best Buy or T-Mobile store to play with different models. Only you can choose what size screen, size phone, and features are right for you.

But to sum up, I can guarantee that virtually any phone you look for, be it iPhone or Android model, will fulfill your three requests.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    You're still in high school?

What do mommy and daddy think?

All three items meet all your stated criteria very well.

While an iPhone and an Android phone are similar items and easy to compare (more difficult to choose), a laptop is really not even in the same category. Do you need a smartphone or do you need a laptop?... Figure out the answer to that and you'll be able to narrow your search down quite a bit.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I think you should get an adroid, since it is getting better and there will be lots of upgrades soon enough. Get a Sony Ericsson. They are very fast. They also have really nice designs so they look very cool. You won't regret getting one.