DVD ripping content is not completed

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi folks, I?m a newbie here. I was directed to this section with my dilemma, which is, I?ve been trying to rip dvds with handbrake but the transcode ripping stopped short. The movie has 161936 frames, but only 135073 were ripped. Anyone meet the same problem like this? Could anyone give me a heads up on this? Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rorflman View Post

Hi folks, I?m a newbie here. I was directed to this section with my dilemma, which is, I?ve been trying to rip dvds with handbrake but the transcode ripping stopped short. The movie has 161936 frames, but only 135073 were ripped. Anyone meet the same problem like this? Could anyone give me a heads up on this? Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

Possibly you ripped in a framerate that is different from the source:

161936 / 29.97 (NTSC) = 5403 seconds

135073 / 25 (PAL) = 5403 seconds
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Possibly you ripped in a framerate that is different from the source:

161936 / 29.97 (NTSC) = 5403 seconds

135073 / 25 (PAL) = 5403 seconds

Should I re-set the framerate by myself? or is there any one-button program could convert a whole dvd but without any parameter setting, because i am not clear about it.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:

Should I re-set the framerate by myself?

You can certainly do that.

Quote:

or is there any one-button program could convert a whole dvd but without any parameter setting, because i am not clear about it.

I don't believe so.

It has been a few years since I last touched an optical disc, much less a DVD for ripping, but if I remember correctly, HandBrake is pretty easy to deal with.

Pop the disc in and it'll find the longest title on it. That'll likely be the movie. Generally if you're ripping to MP4, you can do a two-pass set at 1100 megabytes that'll give you decent quality. If you're not big on messing with the rightmost tab, all you have to do is pick MP4 and change radio box from % quality to desired size, input that size, and hit the two-pass and it should come out all right.

More involved than a one-click, but certainly not as convoluted as some would want it to be.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:

Should I re-set the framerate by myself? or is there any one-button program could convert a whole dvd but without any parameter setting, because i am not clear about it.

If the FPS drop-down was set to 'same as source' and it picked it incorrectly, you will need to override it to use the correct FPS.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    check whether your DVD plays properly. Or you may use other DVDs to have a try. I guess there might be bad sections in the movie, you need skip the bad section by choosing certain ripping start time. I got a free tool named MacX DVD ripper pro from GOTD, which claims crack any dvd and it also give u option to set start time and end time to trim the video.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You can certainly do that.

I don't believe so.

It has been a few years since I last touched an optical disc, much less a DVD for ripping, but if I remember correctly, HandBrake is pretty easy to deal with.

Pop the disc in and it'll find the longest title on it. That'll likely be the movie. Generally if you're ripping to MP4, you can do a two-pass set at 1100 megabytes that'll give you decent quality. If you're not big on messing with the rightmost tab, all you have to do is pick MP4 and change radio box from % quality to desired size, input that size, and hit the two-pass and it should come out all right.

More involved than a one-click, but certainly not as convoluted as some would want it to be.

THX for your detailed suggestions. The problem has been solved.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Thank u guys so much, plz keep answers coming
  • Reply 8 of 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by habulcy View Post

check whether your DVD plays properly. Or you may use other DVDs to have a try. I guess there might be bad sections in the movie, you need skip the bad section by choosing certain ripping start time. I got a free tool named MacX DVD ripper pro from GOTD, which claims crack any dvd and it also give u option to set start time and end time to trim the video.

AGREED