Parallels 7- Multiple User Accounts Install Problem

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Today installed Parallels v7.0.1 and WinXP Pro SP3 onto Mac Mini on Lion 10.7.2. Windows ran ok on my main admin account, but when I logged into the 2nd "Standard" account and clicked on Parallels in the Applications folder, an install window for WinXP popped up, which confused me as I was certain that I installed Parallels and WinXP for all users. Should I reinstall WinXP again for the 2nd user?

I found this document on the Parallels website entitled: http://kb.parallels.com/en/9303 Step 1 states to "Open Virtual Machines Directory", but I'm a Parallels newbie and have no clue where the "Virtual Machines Directory" is located. I went out of coherence mode to see if there were other options or preferences for Parallels, but have no clue where to start. Can someone please inform with step by step, detailed instructions? I'm not sure if those instructions pertain to the newer v7.0 version.

One more thing, IE is not able to connect to the internet and I have no idea why.

Thank you.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Parallels stores the virtual machines in your Documents/Parallels folder. As indicated in the article, you can configure a new virtual machine from an existing file, and to share the machine you have to have the VM in a shared folder.

That and the article you linked to should answer all of your questions re sharing a virtual machine. As for internet access, I don't know the answer. It works fine for me. Are you on a wireless or wired connection?