iPhone 4S is Apple's most popular phone yet with 96% satisfaction rate

Comments

• Reply 21 of 52
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

perhaps, but you can turn it off unlike Android.

"For those who don't turn the feature off, Chpwn claims Apple's Carrier IQ installation shares much less information than Android devices. He found that iOS shares "your phone number, your carrier, your country, active phone calls, and your location." However, unlike Android, Apple's installation doesn't share the phone number a user has dialed and only includes location information when "location services are enabled."

"I am reasonably sure it has no access to typed text, web history, passwords, browsing history, or text messages, and as such is not sending any of this data remotely," Chpwn wrote."

Sounds good to me. If it's at the level of phone, carrier, calls and location I don't even care to turn it off.
  • Reply 22 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ElectroTech View Post

Didn't all the pundits and ...

It's an abuse of an important Sanskrit word (at least, as applied to this crowd!).
  • Reply 23 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by techguy911 View Post

CarrierIQ is also reported to be on iPhones. http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-57...o-hacker-says/

Read some more, don't troll. http://www.informationweek.com/news/...bile/232200532
  • Reply 24 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

In some countries, this would be grounds for divorce

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Qu...fe-beating.htm

• Reply 25 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Read some more, don't troll. http://www.informationweek.com/news/...bile/232200532

http://9to5mac.com/2011/12/01/carrie...-on-platforms/
  • Reply 26 of 52
    Quote:

I guess I should be asking:
  • Reply 27 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

I guess I should be asking:

My thought was that you were stating that it wasn't on iDevices. I remembered having read my link and seeing that that wasn't the case, so I thought I'd post it.

I really don't know anything about it, only a little about what it implies. If that's not what you were saying, ignore it.
  • Reply 28 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

click bait headline should be: Apple iPhone 4S users not 100% satisfied. it's a failure!

I love my iphone 4s.

+++

I find reading online comments about it being a "disappointment" hilarious. Recently had a 2 year Android guy return his Galaxy Nexus S and buy an iPhone 4S because of Siri (I wasn't pushing the iPhone...I have never evangelized products IRL. He just liked what he saw about Siri from my usage).
  • Reply 29 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JamesTheLesser View Post

Frankly, this is more of an AT&T issue than an iP4S problem. If AT&T could deliver faster and more consistent HSPA+ speeds, I don't think the vast majority of people would care that the phone wasn't LTE. (Of course, I can understand the Verizon and Sprint iP4S user pain, though )

I disagree. AT&T is the only network that even CAN provide HSPA+ speeds. What about the Verizon/Sprint people? Frankly, LTE is not yet ready for primetime. The network coverage isn't all that great, and the chips are battery hogs. However, this will change very rapidly by mid 2012, and Apple really needs the next iPhone to be LTE capable.

Quote:

Unless Apple decide to have a range of screen sizes, you'll never be able to satisfy everyone. Personally, I'd like a 4 inch screen, but I'd rather have the retina display.

I think Apple certainly needs a second screen size. Not Android like mini-tablets, but a 4" screen size would be good. Personally, the current screen size works great for me, but this is a battle between ecosystems, and Apple cannot leave users on the table because of something like screen size.
  • Reply 30 of 52
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:

The important part:

Quote:

As a security researcher found out, Carrier IQ monitors keystrokes and sends that back to its own servers. On Apple?s devices, it appears to have been cut off from such activities.

• Reply 31 of 52
    I like the iPhone 4S but I'm on my third one now and I will have to go back to the Apple Store this weekend to exchange it for a fourth. My wife's iPhone 4S works fine, but the microphones in all my iPhones have been faulty thus far.
  • Reply 32 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Negafox View Post

I like the iPhone 4S but I'm on my third one now and I will have to go back to the Apple Store this weekend to exchange it for a fourth. My wife's iPhone 4S works fine, but the microphones in all my iPhones have been faulty thus far.

who here believes this BS?

BS believers say "me believes"!
  • Reply 33 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

who here believes this BS?

BS believers say "me believes"!

If I had only a few posts, I'd be more likely making things up. However, it is known that one of the most common reasons for exchanging the iPhone 4S is faulty mic issues. Would you like me to post confirmation emails from the Apple Store for the exchange. Or, a pic of myself holding up my iPhone 4S next to your post on my monitor to make you happy?

My phones thus far have had issues where it sounds like I'm far away or on speaker phone, or my voice is cutting out heavily.
  • Reply 34 of 52
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ochyming View Post

I am with my wife saying that i will NOT buy nothing from Apple so soon.

"not buy nothing" is a double negative so that means your wife says that you ARE allowed to buy an Apple product.
  • Reply 35 of 52
    With so much satisfaction, there seems little liklihood of the 2G mode returning.

A battering, for those with low 3G signals, on the battery means the iPhone 4 is a better option.
  • Reply 36 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aBeliefSystem View Post

With so much satisfaction, there seems little liklihood of the 2G mode returning.

It never left. You can still get EDGE and even GPRS where 3G doesn't exist.
  • Reply 37 of 52
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It never left. You can still get EDGE and even GPRS where 3G doesn't exist.

He's referring to the toggle switch for disabling 3G. This is not an artificial iOS 5.0 limitation, it's a limitation that seems to be part of the MDM66x0 baseband chip.
  • Reply 38 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

He's referring to the toggle switch for disabling 3G. This is not an artificial iOS 5.0 limitation, it's a limitation that seems to be part of the MDM66x0 baseband chip.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4203

Your theory sounds about right. It looks like the switch is unavailable for iPhone 4S but may be available for other phones depending on carrier support according to Apple's article.
  • Reply 39 of 52
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Negafox View Post

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4203

Your theory sounds about right. It looks like the switch is unavailable for iPhone 4S but may be available for other phones depending on carrier support according to Apple's article.

It stopped showing up with the Verizon iPhone which uses an earlier version of the MDM66x0 chip. However, a CDMA phone doesn't do data on 3G, and still uses voice for 2G which makes keeping 3G enabled something that won't affect the battery life in any substantial way so it makes using the Verizon iPhone fairly unhelpful.
  • Reply 40 of 52
    Strange because everyone I know who has it.. are all complaining about short battery life myself included. I get 3 hours tops compared with 7 hrs I used to get with the 4 doing the exact same things..