Apple licensed scrolling patent to IBM & Nokia, offered to Samsung

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

When Apple makes decisions. they never really consider which option would result in larger profits. Instead, they focus like a laser on user Experience.

And you know this for a fact? Did they tell you such? Are you an Apple senior executive? Insider? Are you stating as fact something you absolutely have no knowledge of? I think so.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ljocampo View Post

And you know this for a fact? Did they tell you such? Are you an Apple senior executive? Insider? Are you stating something you absolutely have no knowledge of.

No he's being a bit of a smart-alack. He wasn't expecting to be taken seriously.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

Apple may be a behemoth corporation, but they are different from all other behemoth corporations. Apple does not try to get as much profit as possible.

If they did, they would have licensed OSX to clone makers, so that proves it.

Why do you assume Apple would make more money by licensing OSX to clone makers?
  • Reply 24 of 24
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

No, they aren't.

Motorola, SonyEricsson, Huawei, ZTE, Asus, Amazon, Barnes and Noble and others for example.

Motorola attacked Apple.

Motorola has terminated FRAND licenses for their patents of baseband chip manufacturers ONLY for chips that are supplied to Apple.

They are doing this so the patents aren't exhausted and they have refused Apple's offers to pay.

This seems VERY discriminatory, anti-competitive and against the spirit of FRAND based standards.

I was under the impression that FRAND was permanent and could not be terminated? Educate me with links please.