Siri - any ideas how to improve?

jgnjgn
Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I was just thinking about some other functions which can be applied to that system. Do you miss anything in Siri? What else, in your opinion, would be great to do using Siri? Would you add any new functions to this app?

Siri is great if we consider it as a device voice controller, but it's quite inaccurate when (e.g.) users try to find restaurants, because siri doesn't have opening hours.

I'm currently working on small siri-like app which could cover just one function (as e.g. voice controlled facebook) but perfectly tailored.

What functions would you add to Siri? Do you miss anything?

All opinions are extremely helpful for me. They can also change the world we live in, so let's give yourself a chance!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JGN View Post

I'm currently working on small siri-like app which could cover just one function (as e.g. voice controlled facebook) but perfectly tailored.

You might want to stop that. There's going to be a Siri API eventually, and whatever app you make before that will break after it's released. Besides, the Siri API will allow your app to specifically cover JUST the things that Siri doesn't do. So if by the time Siri gets an API it still doesn't tell you restaurant operating hours, you could build an app just for that.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    http://www.macworld.com/article/1640...ke_to_see.html

Great points here about what Siri could do.

The Big Bang for Siri will be when 3rd party access is exposed via API.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    jgnjgn Posts: 2member
    thanks a lot!