I can't find iTunes player on my iPad

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited May 2015
When I go to iTunes all I get is the store, no player. On my PC if I download a audio file it automatically goes to iTunes and shows up on playlist. Why can't I see it on iPad.

Thanks, I am brand new at the iPad just got it Saturday.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 47

That's what the Music and Videos apps are for.

Read the pamphlet included with your iPad or play around with it.

• Reply 2 of 47
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

That's what the Music and Videos apps are for.

Read the pamphlet included with your iPad or play around with it…

Sorry, but the only pamphlet I got was a warranty statement and how hot or cold my iPad could get. There was a card that showed the buttons and switches. None of these spoke about downloading audio files to iPad.

• Reply 3 of 47
    Quote:

Originally Posted by valdesebent View Post

Sorry, but the only pamphlet I got was a warranty statement and how hot or cold my iPad could get.

*blink*

Really? Apple's certainly shirking their responsibilities these days.

Though the idea IS for the GUI to be as self-explanatory as possible.

http://www.apple.com/ipad/videos/

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf

• Reply 4 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

*blink*

Really? Apple's certainly shirking their responsibilities these days.

Though the idea IS for the GUI to be as self-explanatory as possible.

You'll enjoy these.

And this.

You probably first should have told him where to find Safari... And explained what a web-browser is... And what the Internet is.

Perhaps a tutorial on how to get his iPad online.

It's hard to believe someone had the wherewithal to post on this forum, but wasn't smart enough to go to apple.com and get the answer from the source!
  • Reply 5 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

You probably first should have told him where to find Safari... And explained what a web-browser is... And what the Internet is.

Perhaps a tutorial on how to get his iPad online.

It's hard to believe someone had the wherewithal to post on this forum, but wasn't smart enough to go to apple.com and get the answer from the source!

I know?

The iPad SCREAMS to be touched. If he wasn't going to experiment in finding the stuff he's looking for (you know, by touching something instead of wasting his time on an Internet forum or actually using Google. We're supposed to be the LAST LINE of defense, not the first thing to which you turn! We exist for when automated systems can't answer your question! But I digress), then he needs to return the iPad. I mean, if he's not even going to try to figure it out himself, how would he ever use it at all?

I can see it now, finally having the Music app open, but being too afraid to touch any of his music for fear of doing something wrong. Or being too afraid to hit the play button in case it sets the iPad on fire.
  • Reply 6 of 47

Wow, you guys are real arrogant a**holes,  People come to you for help,  Not everyone is a technical Geek  You should just help and if you cant help keep your opinions and your mouth shut!!!!!!!!  MORONS!!!

• Reply 7 of 47

I have never seen such a rude bunch of replies--and not one was kind enough to answer the question! I have just been trying to help a friend with a new ipad, and I'm having the same problem. The itunes icon only goes to the store. When I use the music icon, I get a player, but it doesn't look anything like the itunes player I use on my computer. There's no menu, no left sidebar, nothing familiar. All it has is controls for playing a piece of music. All the Apple support info starts from having the player open. After an hour of searching Apple support and the Web, I still can't get to the standard itunes player. Will anyone help with this, or all ya'll too high and mighty to give a beginner a hand?

• Reply 8 of 47
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

NO ONE IS PERFECT IN LIFE !

• Reply 9 of 47
    I have the same problem and have spent an age trying to source info.
  • Reply 10 of 47

Originally Posted by Judemymum View Post

I have the same problem and have spent an age trying to source info.image

The sensible answer was the first reply to the thread.

You "spent an age" on the Internet instead of actually using your iPad to learn about what it does?

• Reply 11 of 47

I want to acknowledge that's it's good of you to volunteer your time, and to say I am really grateful for your answer.  I just spent 3 hours searching for it, and it did not occur to anyone else.

I have been using iTunes on a PC for 10 years, but have never used any other Apple product until I got an iPad 4 months ago.  I have used the iPad daily on the internet and listening to music, but have never used Safari, nor iTunes, until today when I bought a song.  When I didn't see the sidebar, I figured it was part of iTunes 11, and that there would be a button somewhere to reveal the sidebar.  It certainly did not occur to me that Apple separated iTunes for iPad into 2 entities.  Nor did it occur to me to look for a pre-installed music button, and had I seen it, it would not have occurred to me that it housed a music player.  There was no button for the music player I do use until I created one.

Your suggestion to check the manual was also helpful, and would have given me the answer I needed.  I had down-loaded it initially, then forgot about it.  But I don't use manuals for anything anymore - my TV, satellite, DVR, phone, or iPad - because it takes too long and is sometimes fruitless.  I find it's quicker to Google the question, and to use forums.

I concluded this was part of Apple's streamlining iTunes, and that if I wanted to see my library I was expected to do that on my PC. 

• Reply 12 of 47

Please see my post below.

• Reply 13 of 47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So what do you think the Music and Videos apps are for?

Sorry for the snark, but if you'd read the pamphlet included with your iPad, you'd see that. Or if you'd play around with it at all…

There is no pamphlet included with the iPad so that bit was really out of line. Double coming from a moderator. You should be the perfect example of the well behaved ideal forum member, not one of the near trolls. 

And if your bad information is due to a lack of experience with an iPad you really should stay out of it and let those that have bought and used one answer. 

• Reply 14 of 47

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

There is no pamphlet included with the iPad so that bit was really out of line. Double coming from a moderator. You should be the perfect example of the well behaved ideal forum member, not one of the near trolls. 

And if your bad information is due to a lack of experience with an iPad you really should stay out of it and let those that have bought and used one answer. 

Why are you bringing up this old argument? We're right. Touch the freaking device. It's built for self-exploration. 

The iPad originally came with a pamphlet. Tells you about the device and where to find the full guide in Safari. My information is due to having one since day one. image

• Reply 15 of 47
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathanoscar View Post

Your suggestion to check the manual was also helpful, and would have given me the answer I needed.  I had down-loaded it initially, then forgot about it.  But I don't use manuals for anything anymore - my TV, satellite, DVR, phone, or iPad - because it takes too long and is sometimes fruitless.  I find it's quicker to Google the question, and to use forums.

FWIW, the iPad User Guide web app is the bottom bookmark in Safari, though you'll need to have some sort of a data connection to use it.  Same thing on the iPhone.

• Reply 16 of 47

i have the same issue

• Reply 17 of 47

stupid answer from a stupid bully 

• Reply 18 of 47

you are the moderator ? get another job .. you're way out of line here, people come here for help not to get slagged by inadequate morons

• Reply 19 of 47
    Originally Posted by Alice Frances View Post

i have the same issue

Yes, YOU have the issue. Not Apple’s hardware, not Apple’s software, and not Apple’s design and documentation thereof.

If you’re unwilling to teach yourself something, how do you ever learn anything in the first place? If you’re unwilling to touch something on your product, how do you plan on using it in the first place?

There’s no quarter here; you’re just wrong. PLAY WITH THE PRODUCT.

• Reply 20 of 47
    st88st88 Posts: 124member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alice Frances View Post

you are the moderator ? get another job .. you're way out of line here, people come here for help not to get slagged by inadequate morons

Considering the board description says, "Be nice - help others with tech support questions.", his actions are in poor taste.

He was once a moderator, and for some reason the staff at AI let him bully and troll other users 24/7 (I'm baffled as to why)

Try not to let his behaviour negatively reflect upon the users of this board.  Some of them are capable and willing to help you.