Chipped paint on my Ti 667

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Well, I've had my Ti PB 667 for about 18 months now, and the paint on the white trim is starting to bubble and chip in places. Particularly where my wrists rest in front on either side of the trackpad and on the front corners of the machine. All of the grey paint covering the titanium is still fine and shows no sign of any damage.

Anyone else having these problems? Anyone know what to do about it?

TIA

-Ender

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    jregojrego Posts: 56member
    From previous experience, I'd say Apple would fix it... for several hundred dollars. That tends to be the case with all of their hardware not under warranty, whether it appears to be a manufacturing defect or not. Fortunately, Apple hardware is high quality enough that something serious rarely goes wrong, but there are issues such as yours (just be glad you're problems not in the hinges, my grandfather has one of the G3 Wallstreets that has fractured or broken clutches, a $300+ problem). I think the next time I get a computer I'm going to buy the AppleCare service agreement.

I'd recommend going to one of the higher class paint stores and seeing if they can help. I wouldn't take it to an ordinary hardware store, but there are places that specialize in paint that may be able to match the trim pain and give you advice on touching it up. Bring it in and see, it never hurts to ask.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    Check out <a href="http://www.tipaint.com"; target="_blank">www.tipaint.com</a>