Briefly: Apple offers free next-day holiday shipping, first Berlin Apple Store

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple is offering free next-day shipping to get products out in time for Christmas, while the first Berlin Apple Store is hiring after having been officially announced.

Free next-day shipping

Apple has upgraded its free shipping option to include next-day in the United States to accommodate last-minute shoppers. In-stock and non-engraved, non-customized items purchased by Thursday through the online Apple Store are expected to arrive before Dec. 24. Customized Macs and engraved iPods and iPads are subject to the normal 2-3 day free shipping.

Berlin Apple Store

Berlin will be getting its first Apple retail location at 26 Kurfurstedamm avenue, with applications being accepted (machine translated) for an various in-store positions, according to German Mac blog Macerkopf.de.

The picture below is reportedly of the Apple Store site, taken by Macerkopf.de reader Patrick. The view through the usual glass facade is obstructed as work continues on the interior of the store. Apple has yet to announce an official open date.

Berlin's first Apple Store | Source: Macerkopf.de

News of the Berlin store follows the opening of one of Apple's largest retail stores in the world at New York's Grand Central Terminal, which opened on Dec. 9. Apple's newest location takes up 23,000 sq. ft. and sits at a prime location in Grand Central where an estimated 700,000 people pass every day.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    I can't believe this will be the first store in Berlin. By the way, it's Kurfürstendamm.

Looks about right, across from the Hard Rock Cafe and North Face, and down the strasse from Starbucks.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

I can't believe this will be the first store in Berlin. By the way, it's Kurfürstendamm.

Looks about right, across from the Hard Rock Cafe and North Face, and down the strasse from Starbucks.

Yeah, what a surprise -- Berlin #1.

Das Apple.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

I thought the Tauentzienstraße is a better place for Apple, just across the street from KaDeWe (Kaufhaus des Westens, a big department store).
  • Reply 4 of 6
    cgjcgj Posts: 276member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by docyoast View Post

I thought the Tauentzienstraße is a better place for Apple, just across the street from KaDeWe (Kaufhaus des Westens, a big department store).

Best place would have been the Potsdamer Platz canopy (where the Sony Centre is) nearish the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    There's a nice scouting report of the neighborhoods from an Apple retail point of view here, with pictures:

http://www.ifoapplestore.com/stores/...ort/index.html
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Yeah, what a surprise -- Berlin #1.

Das Apple.

I just realized -- given your last name, did you not "trip out," as we used to say, when you first heard about this here Apple Computer? Do you remember where you were?

Perhaps you've had this question put to you before; it's ok if you cut and paste . . .