Mac OS X and Outlook 2001

gtgt
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I just upgraded to OS X and everything is working smoothly except this one app. Outlook is an MS app for logging on to a company server and it works fine in Classic as long as i do not try and send an email. Then it hangs up and i get an "unknown error" message. I have no probs sending email with Mail, Entourage and web based mail. Just this one situation with Outlook. I am using BrickHouse as a firewall...Anyone have any ideas what is going on??? Help.

Thanks

GT

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    pastapasta Posts: 112member
    [quote]Originally posted by GT:

<strong>I just upgraded to OS X and everything is working smoothly except this one app. Outlook is an MS app for logging on to a company server and it works fine in Classic as long as i do not try and send an email. Then it hangs up and i get an "unknown error" message. I have no probs sending email with Mail, Entourage and web based mail. Just this one situation with Outlook. I am using BrickHouse as a firewall...Anyone have any ideas what is going on??? Help.

Thanks

GT</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, here's what's up, direct from the Mactopia site:

SUMMARY

Outlook 2001 for Mac is designed to connect to Microsoft Exchange Server versions 4.0 or higher.

MORE INFORMATION

Outlook 2001 does not have the support to send and receive Internet Mail by connecting to Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) and Post Office Protocol version 3 (POP3) servers. Internet Mail can be received through an Exchange Server that is configured with the Internet Mail Connector or Service.