What the HELL is up with my Mac.com address???

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Lately my Mac.com e-mail address has been totally unreliable. People haven't been getting e-mails I've sent (they show up in my sent messages list), and I'm not getting all of their e-mails.

The whole thing seems totally random, but I know there's a problem somewhere. Only one of the messages I've sent actually got bounced back telling me the mac server timed out, the other have just faded into the ether. All of this happens whether I'm using Mail.app at home, or Webmail at work.

So, basically, I have no clue if people are getting my messages, and I've missed several people's replies. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    We can say hell? Why wasn't I notified? I've been using tarnation!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jregojrego Posts: 56member
    Haven't had that problem with mac.com email, but we did have an answering service through the phone company that had a similar problem. We dropped it as soon as we figured out what was happening. There are lots of places to get email addresses, and if your mac.com one isn't working, it might just be easier to get another.

One thing that might be happening is an ISP disagreement. One of my accounts won't talk to subdimension.com, for example. I don't know why, it just won't, probably a SPAM issue. Or, of course, somebody could have a bad component between you and your intended recipients. How long has this been going on?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    It's been going on for about four days now. Just now, I had a friend send me an e-mail, and it was another half-hour before it showed up.

Until four days ago, my account worked flawlessly. I started using it not too long ago, so I'm very reluctant to change so suddenly.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    airioxairiox Posts: 20member
    this is a article i read that<a href="http://discussions.info.apple.com/[email protected]^[email protected]"; target="_blank">mac.com article</a> about mac.com hopefully it should help. it says it should be fixed though.