Laserwriter troubles.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
This week I acquired a Beige 266 DT along with an "Apple Personal LaserWriter NT". Anyways, I am now running OSX on it, but have no idea how to get the printer to work. I have the local talk cable and everything connected. Now, maybe OSX does not support Local Talk or something, but being relatively new (6-7 months) to Macs, I am just stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    protodadaprotodada Posts: 125member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jeremiah Rich:

<strong>This week I acquired a Beige 266 DT along with an "Apple Personal LaserWriter NT". Anyways, I am now running OSX on it, but have no idea how to get the printer to work. I have the local talk cable and everything connected. Now, maybe OSX does not support Local Talk or something, but being relatively new (6-7 months) to Macs, I am just stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!</strong><hr></blockquote>

hello!

i have laserwriter 4/600. it's still a great printer. i had to purchase "asante-talk" and it connects the printer through the ethernet port. it works great with both os x and os 9.... perhaps it can help... but i remember it being around 90 dollars.... good luck! :-)