I'm at Macworld Tokyo now

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I am here at Macworld Tokyo. Unfortunately I am not in the keynote and they won't let me in the exhibitions hall for another hour or so, but I can see it being broadcast on a big screen in the next room. Nothing of note yet, just some software demos (like final cut pro). I am going to be posting some photos later on in the day.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Thanks. Keep us updated!
  • Reply 2 of 23
    merlionmerlion Posts: 143member
    damn dude keep posting right here what is going on.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    icruiseicruise Posts: 127member
    By the way, I am posting updates on the macworld forums, so if possible it might be good to make comments there. I will check back here as well, but most of my updates will probably be at the macworld forums.

<a href="http://www.macworld.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000643"; target="_blank">Here is the thread.</a>
  • Reply 4 of 23
    merlionmerlion Posts: 143member
    thanks for the link. I was afraid this thread might have been locked and sent to general discussion.
  • Reply 5 of 23
    Thankya.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    icruiseicruise Posts: 127member
    Nothing interesting so far. Just the same old software demos and digital hub hype. Go to the macworld link for more detail.
  • Reply 7 of 23
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    jesus what a terrible week for finals, glad i'm done... ev nova, g5 rumors, and now MWTY... mmmm live updates, i'm refreshing the macworld thread every few minutes and new posts pop up it's like text streaming, thanks for the updates!
  • Reply 8 of 23
    Thanks again for the updates. They're great!
  • Reply 9 of 23
    [quote]He has movied on to iTunes. Oops, that was quick, now iPhoto.

Damn flood control...

<hr></blockquote>

[quote]He's spending a lot of time with iPhoto. Sort of a rehash of the last expo.

Ok, he seems to be moving on.

<hr></blockquote>

[quote]Now he is going on to the imac. He's going over some of the positive press it has gotten in Japan, etc.<hr></blockquote>

[quote]He showed the new imac TV ad.

Now he is showing the same imac promotional video that they showed at the launch.

<hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 10 of 23
    [quote]I just ran into a Japanese guy I know coming out of the hall. He said that the black curtains that had been up in one part of the hall had been removed and there seemed to be ibooks, powerbooks and imacs under there. Some cinema displays as well. He said that they might have been a little bigger than usual, but he couldn't tell. I guess they haven't let people close to the area yet.

We'll see...

<hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 11 of 23
    [quote]iMac video is finished. Now he says there is good news. The imac is a big hit. There is huge demand (duh!) and that has resulted in long waits. They have sold 125,000 so far. 5000 a day.

<hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 12 of 23
    [quote]Apparently the prices of LCD screens have gone up 25% and the price of RAM has gone up 200%. He is saying that they are raising the price of the imac!!!

Looks like a price raise $100, $150, $200 on the three models. Unbelievable!

<hr></blockquote>

:eek:
  • Reply 12 of 23
    [quote]Originally posted by janitor:

<strong>

:eek: </strong><hr></blockquote>

Ditto
  • Reply 14 of 23
    westonmwestonm Posts: 140member
    Oh hell no...
  • Reply 15 of 23
    thank god i placed my order last week.

:eek:
  • Reply 16 of 23
    [quote]Now he is talking about Bluetooth support. He's talked about wireless peripherals and cell phones.

He seems to be wirelessly syncing a palm with bluetooth on os X.

<hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 16 of 23
    [quote]Originally posted by greyisgood:

<strong>thank god i placed my order last week.

:eek: </strong><hr></blockquote>

You sure lucked out.
  • Reply 18 of 23
    [quote]Now he is connecting to the internet on his mac via a cell phone and bluetooth.

Looks like the bluetooth connector will be 6000 yen -- around $45 and be available early april. I'm not sure about the specifics of what kind of device it is.

Now for the cinema display.

He is announcing that the 22" is $2499 and there is going to be a new Cinema HD (high def) 1920X1200 resolution. 23inches. looks pretty much like the old one in terms of styling.

<hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 19 of 23
    [quote]looks like it is 449000 or so ($3500??)

Now moving on to the ipod!

3 new things for ipod:

1. now is 10GB (can't tell if this replaces old model or not) sells for $499

2. custom laser engraving ??? You can have a message or something custom engraved on the back of the ipod. Ok...

3. now they contact info like address and so forth official supported.

<hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 20 of 23
    [quote]I am now inside the hall and can see the keynote screen upclose, although it is dubbed in Japanese.

The contact info thing looks much better than the third party hacks I have seen.

Apparently it supports Entourage and Palm desktop contacts.

He seems to be wrapping up folks.

<hr></blockquote>