Rumor: Apple to ship high-res 'iPad 3' in March, 'iPad 4' with new apps in October

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 107
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

For the rare person here who's interested in 3D glasses-free displays in tablet and laptop sizes, some links:

LG's A540 laptop, 15", will be glasses free: http://lgnewsroom.com/newsroom/contents/61740

MasterImage introduces a 10.1 tablet screen: http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/7/268...splay-ces-2012

I am very interested in this...

My eyesight is beginning to fail and I would like to see a glasses-free video before they do.

Second, 3D presents a whole new set of challenges for editors and storytellers.
  • Reply 102 of 107
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

My eyesight is beginning to fail and I would like to see a glasses-free video before they do.

You need Apple's iSight implants. Or Google's copycat OpticNervana. Hopefully your eyesight can hold out until 2015 when all this will be made possible.
  • Reply 103 of 107
    Please don't lower yourself to this level. Digitimes has one of the worst track records in the industry. If you took a teenager, put him on LSD, and asked him about the future, you'd get Digitimes' predictions.

This is one of the best news sites because you don't repeat crap like this (until now). If it makes no sense and it's from Digitimes, don't repeat it. It's that simple.
  • Reply 104 of 107
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

I'm thinking they might try it soon because their 4x pixel boost might make halving the resolution for left and right views tolerable. If it comes up to Jivean standards it will probably win over lots of stereo skeptics.

Meanwhile the combination of the Hasbro My3D with the iPhone or iPod touch makes a worthy platform for little 3D movies. Don't know if you'd want to watch a whole soccer game on it but certainly some good plays would work . . .
  • Reply 105 of 107
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 760member
    There won't be two new models. Apple is a 'small' company so developing two models when the latter simply takes over from the same profits made on the first makes no sense.

However I do think that the iPad 2 will be the model that will become the entry level, with a 16GB version discounted and sold alongside the iPad "3".

Actually considering iPad 2 is XGA at 9.7", I nearly notice the difference to my 4S. (I'm early 30s with no diagnosed sight defects). Whilst the "retina" iPad sounds good I'm not sure that the speed/battery penalties will justify it in 2012.

I'm also unsure how much sense LTE makes globally. 3G is plenty fast enough especially with everyone else heading for the new networks the old 3G ones will probably be sufficient for the next couple of years.
  • Reply 106 of 107
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Higher resolution!? It's already awesome... Or maybe my eyes are just bad. But I have to hand it to them, it's probably the best screen on anything, anywhere. Good angles, awesome brightness, etc. All it could use would be better visibility outside, if that is possible while maintaining other attributes.

How about Siri for iPad 2 before Apple gets excited with iPad 3. Or do we have to buy an iPad 3 to have Siri?
  • Reply 107 of 107
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drumrobot View Post

Please don't lower yourself to this level. Digitimes has one of the worst track records in the industry. If you took a teenager, put him on LSD, and asked him about the future, you'd get Digitimes' predictions.

This is one of the best news sites because you don't repeat crap like this (until now). If it makes no sense and it's from Digitimes, don't repeat it. It's that simple.

That made me lol really.