Scheduled Wakeup/Shutdown in X?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I know I should know this, but has that been axed in OSX? For the life of me I can't find it.

Mandricard

AppleOutsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    franckfranck Posts: 135member
    My question will probably sound "dumb" , but do you really need this feature ?

Can't you leave your computer alive 24/24h ?

[ 07-04-2002: Message edited by: Franck ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 3
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,562member
    I haven't tried this but I heard that if you boot into OS 9 and set the times for waking and sleeping then boot into OS X those patterns of wake and sleep will be followed. It makes sense, these need to be written into the hardware and should be independent of the OS.

BTW, I heard from Think Secret that support for scheduled sleep and wake will not be included in Jaguar.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    I also miss this feature. It's wasteful to have to keep my G4 running all day just so that scheduled operations can be performed.

Back in my iMac days, I'd have the computer wake at 4:30, dial-up and pull my email, and sleep. That chore was done before I came home. Since that time, I've thought of several things that could be done when I'm not there.

I've requested scheduled wake/sleep from Apple, but it appears that this is not a popular feature.

Oh well.