Bad Restore

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hi All, I been a long time reader but, haven't had felt a need to post before now. I am having some problems with my iPhone 4s and am hoping that the community here can help me.

For Christmas this year I sold and upgraded my iPhone 4 to the 4s and brought my wife an iPhone 4s. Anyway after getting my new phone I did a restore from a previous backup to get my new iPhone 4s set up the same as my prevous iPhone 4; however somehow the backup was corrept and introduced some bugs into my iPhone 4s exsperance. I went to the Apple Store and the only help they could offer me was to set my phone up as a new device; which would remove the bugs from my exsperiance but would also reset my progress in my apps and clear out my history of text messages.

I can trace my IOS install back across two iPhones and two iPod Touches (before that) back from iPhone OS 1.1 to the current IOS 5.0.1 Some of my Apps have been installed since iPhone OS 2 introduced apps. It is understandable that at this point I may need a fresh install but I am loath to have to start fresh; especially on some of my games, who wants to restart Angry Birds when you have already completed 260 stages (for example)?

What I am looking for is if thier is anyway with the help of 3rd party software to restore my app data and sms messages history back to my iPhone after setting it up as a new device?

Thank in advance for any help you can give to me.

~Flip75

Comments