imail

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I had always had problems setting up my Yahoo account through imail. I read online that you have to upgrade your Yahoo account in order for it to function properly with imail. Does anyone know if that is true? Also, does anyone know of any free email hosts that I can use through imail where I won't be required to pay to upgrade it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Not sure what iMail is. Indiana University? All I see for 'iMail' are colleges.

OS X's application is Mail. You can't use Yahoo! Mail in Mail without paying for it. Because Yahoo! is stuck in 1995. There's no real way around that.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Not sure what iMail is. Indiana University? All I see for 'iMail' are colleges.

OS X's application is Mail. You can't use Yahoo! Mail in Mail without paying for it. Because Yahoo! is stuck in 1995. There's no real way around that.

Yeah I meant mail, for some reason I thought it was imail. Anyways, I am tired of clicking on email links only to have an application pop up that I can not even use, because of Yahoo. Do you have any suggestions for other good email hosts?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brandonm324 View Post

Yeah I meant mail, for some reason I thought it was imail. Anyways, I am tired of clicking on email links only to have an application pop up that I can not even use, because of Yahoo. Do you have any suggestions for other good email hosts?

I use iCloud for my primary e-mail these days. I have two old Gmail accounts that I used previously that I keep around simply because some people don't know my iCloud account yet.

I have three Yahoo! addresses and three Hotmail addresses that exist to catch spam and for no other reason.

And I have a university address that I keep in Mail (along with everything else save the Yahoo! mail) because I find it hilarious that they don't seem to understand that not only am I not in attendance there anymore, the years I spent there were the worst of my life and I made that known upon leaving.

In short, grab an iCloud account.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

.... You can't use Yahoo! Mail in Mail without paying for it. Because Yahoo! is stuck in 1995. There's no real way around that.

This is no longer true. Yahoo! Mail can be accessed by either POP3 or IMAP free of charge. The settings here are for IMAP access. I entered them as listed. Bob in now my uncle.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    1263 sdv usydv uygv weygv tracy 4924

4335 sdvg uyv ewguv ygud uvev 5162

3145 ueyfg uygsd uv67qf76qw uygefyyrart 4096