Problems connecting to webpages

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
For christmas 2010 I got a macbook, and ever since I got it I have had trouble with safari. The problem is that when I try to go to access webpages such as Facebook, Tumblr or even google docs among others, it has given me the message saying that safari can't establish a secure connection. In over a year, this hasn't changed.

A few months ago, my family had to set up a new wireless network, and this brought no change. I even checked to see if these sites were blocked by parental controls, and this also came up false. In trying to figure out the problem I also tried other browsers. I tried firefox and chrome to no avail.

There are 3 other apple computers ( an iMac, another macbook, and a macbook pro ) and none of them have this problem.

Any help with correcting this issue would be much appreciated

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Garflsmack View Post

For christmas 2010 I got a macbook, and ever since I got it I have had trouble with safari. The problem is that when I try to go to access webpages such as Facebook, Tumblr or even google docs among others, it has given me the message saying that safari can't establish a secure connection. In over a year, this hasn't changed.

A few months ago, my family had to set up a new wireless network, and this brought no change. I even checked to see if these sites were blocked by parental controls, and this also came up false. In trying to figure out the problem I also tried other browsers. I tried firefox and chrome to no avail.

There are 3 other apple computers ( an iMac, another macbook, and a macbook pro ) and none of them have this problem.

I would have this checked out by a Apple Store.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Garflsmack View Post

This seems to have cropped a few times in the last month. It sounds like your problem is related to your user account permissions and a problem with safari and I would recommend you have a look here for potential solutions.https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

I am not an expert but hope this helps
  • Reply 3 of 4

I have the same problem with facebook and when i tried to connect to that lick it also said the same... it tells me safari can't establish a secure connection to server how can i fix this... i have cleared cookies, refresh safari and turn of the fire wall but nothing!!

• Reply 4 of 4

Then you should at least go to the apple store. They have the people who can help you will that. :)