Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dave2012 View Post

This has got me confused...

I'm trying to create a webpage and I'm setting the font size like this:

{font-size: 11px}

Do I need to rethink?

Not sure what this has to do with anything in the thread, but the proper formatting includes no braces and a semicolon at the end.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    Will a double resolution Ipad show the text twice as small - and therefore unreadable, or will it actually display it at 22px to ensure webpages have the same appearance on both old and new Ipads?

Or in broader terms, should I forget about sizing my web page in pixels? Is that no longer applicable as an idea?
  • Reply 23 of 25
    Quote:

Will a double resolution Ipad show the text twice as small - and therefore unreadable, or will it actually display it at 22px to ensure webpages have the same appearance on both old and new iPads?

We can't really know that yet.

Quote:

Or in broader terms, should I forget about sizing my web page in pixels? Is that no longer applicable as an idea?

No, keep making websites that conform to proper standards until we're told (by either the W3 or Apple via a new method of creating stuff) those standards no longer apply.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    OK, thanks for reply Tall.

It's just disconcerting when there is a story that undermines the whole way I understand something!

This is a great site BTW!
  • Reply 25 of 25
    Quote:

OK, thanks for reply Tall.

It's just disconcerting when there is a story that undermines the whole way I understand something!

As the great (?) Tommy Wiseau would say, "Don' worry 'bow' it, huuuuuh?"

I wonder how Apple did it with the iPhone 4. I only have an original and haven't spent much time with the 4's screen?