POWERBOOK HELD HOSTAGE!!!!!!!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi ,

I just ordered a brand new dvi powerbook 667 from this presale auction of of ebay. The companies name is one global source It's been a week since they should have shipped my powerbook, yet I have heard nothing. Anybody got any ideas to help me get my powerbook. Anybody live near Aventura Florida ?? I've got to go to college soon and this is freaking me out. Thanks alot

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    How about a link to the auction?

Did you pay with a credit card?

Did you use PayPal?

Did the seller have a decent feedback profile?

If it was a pre-sale, what did the ad say about delivery time?

Can't help without any info...

[ 07-23-2002: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 6
    cmn083cmn083 Posts: 35member
    thanks murbot-

I payed with a money order ( yes dumb I know)

The person had decent feedback- however , he recently dropped off as an ebay member so I can't send you the link - but he had hundreds of satisfied customers. He just won't pick up the phone. The ship date was supposed to be the 17th so I just thope he is running late.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    His member status was revoked? Uh oh, that does NOT sound good. Probably a long shot, but take that money order receipt immediately, and try to cancel it. Slim chance that it hasn't been cashed, but it won't hurt to try.

Your options are limited with money orders, at least with a credit card you've got the fraud protection...

I wish I had more time to post some help, but I'm STILL moving here today... just had a short time online this morning. Hopefully some of the other guys can help out somehow.

Good luck, and I'll be back when I can...
  • Reply 4 of 6
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    how did you send the money order?

if you sent it via U.S. Mail, did you get a confirmation number thing?

if you sent via the U.S. Mail follow up through them. from everyone on e-bay who's been ripped off but sent money orders through the mail they've had good luck getting the post master general to whoop some ass.

guess those guys are like a pack of rabid dogs with nothing to do. sic 'em on this punk.

other than that, don't know if you have much of a recourse.

hope this helps.

-alcimedes
  • Reply 5 of 6
    cmn083cmn083 Posts: 35member
    Thanks Alcimiedes - thats a pretty good idea- I will keep that as a last case scenario. I just need that computer before college
  • Reply 6 of 6
    pushermanpusherman Posts: 410member
    And I know this is a little late and painfully obvious, but for the sake of anyone else reading, don't buy pre-sale on eBay, now matter how good the feedback looks, and if you do find an auction you think is legit, pay with a credit card. I don't know about the postal service, but you generally have a much better chance of getting your money back if you can tell the credit card company that you've been defrauded. If you use a check, the bank will absolutely not care.

(This is from past experience. I was one of the ones burned by the lady selling nonexistant Mac gear that you heard about a few months ago. Fortunately, I used a Visa card and got my money back in less than a week.)