Court upholds ban of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Germany on new grounds

Comments

• Reply 21 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thataveragejoe View Post

It's 2, Android and iOS. WP7 is a long long distance 3rd.

Oh, so you admit it's not two. Okay, glad we cleared that up.
  • Reply 22 of 47
    shompashompa Posts: 343member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

In other words it business as usual for Samsung in Germany. Just offer the 10.1N that's unaffected by the ban.

Samsung can't do that. Its a cultural thing "saving face".
  • Reply 23 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Oh, so you admit it's not two. Okay, glad we cleared that up.

Ha, hardly. Thanks for trolling me though.
  • Reply 24 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thataveragejoe View Post

Ha, hardly. Thanks for trolling me though.

No. Seriously. You said Windows Phone 7, and then you said 3rd. 3 is a number larger than 2. Ignoring, of course, the stuff that jragosta said.
  • Reply 25 of 47
    Quote:

No. Seriously. You said Windows Phone 7, and then you said 3rd. 3 is a number larger than 2. Ignoring, of course, the stuff that jragosta said.

20 people are in a free for all brawl. 17 go down quickly. An 18th goes down soon after that but is still wildly throwing haymakers from the groud affecting no ome. There are now two fighting neck and neck. Are there really 3 combatants?
  • Reply 26 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

20 people are in a free for all brawl. 17 go down quickly. An 18th goes down soon after that but is still wildly throwing haymakers from the groud affecting no ome. There are now two fighting neck and neck. Are there really 3 combatants?

If he's still officially in the fight, yeah, there are three combatants.

And that's not the state that Windows Phone 7 is in, anyway.
  • Reply 27 of 47
    I refuse to believe that Apple is THAT PERFECT and their iPad has the PERFECT form factor and screen diamensions that Samsung needs to copy them EXACTLY. Is Apple GOD? Did Apple ask GOD what the perfect tablet would look like? WHY would Samsung copy the iPad EXACTLY? Why can't Samsung make their tablet a little wider or taller or whatever. Apple cannot possibily be THAT GOOD, now can it?
  • Reply 28 of 47
    I posit that there is a market for a galaxy tab 9.5, slotted between the 10.1 and 8.9.
  • Reply 29 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pflau View Post

I refuse to believe that Apple is THAT PERFECT and their iPad has the PERFECT form factor and screen diamensions that Samsung needs to copy them EXACTLY. Is Apple GOD? Did Apple ask GOD what the perfect tablet would look like? WHY would Samsung copy the iPad EXACTLY? Why can't Samsung make their tablet a little wider or taller or whatever. Apple cannot possibily be THAT GOOD, now can it?

Samsung has copied a lot of Apple's PHYSICAL features because they know Apple made those features popular. No one is saying that they were perfect; it's just what the market wants right now. Samsung is trying to jump on the "form it like Apple" train.
  • Reply 30 of 47
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikepro View Post

I don't need them to fail to validate my choices. In fact, i hope they have a long and somewhat successful future, as that will keep Apple on the edge to improve and innovate, and perhaps supply some downward price pressure. Competition and choice can be a good thing, even if you don't chose the competition. (For example, not sure if we would have the choice of a free iPhone 3GS if it weren't for all the Android competition).

Competition does not spur innovation. That's simply a myth unsupported by the facts. Innovation comes from vision and a burning desire to change the world, not from feature arms races, or, worse yet, a race to the bottom.
  • Reply 31 of 47
    The German ban on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Galaxy Tab 8.9 is ridiculous. Only a moron would mistake a tablet with the Samsung logo on the front of it for an Apple iPad. Or maybe the German courts are assuming that Apple fanboys ARE morons. Hmmm...
  • Reply 32 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by popnfresh View Post

The German ban on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Galaxy Tab 8.9 is ridiculous. Only a moron would mistake a tablet with the Samsung logo on the front of it for an Apple iPad. Or maybe the German courts are assuming that Apple fanboys ARE morons. Hmmm...

Samsung's own lawyers couldn't tell the difference. Thanks for using such insulting words, because it's that much more fun to turn it back on Samsung.
  • Reply 33 of 47
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:

Samsung apparently thinks so since they had to make the Tab so close to the iPad that even their attorneys couldn't tell the difference.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

I posit that there is a market for a galaxy tab 9.5, slotted between the 10.1 and 8.9.

Sure there is. And I think they should make a 9.2 and a 9.8, as well.
  • Reply 34 of 47
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Quote:

Samsung's own lawyers couldn't tell the difference. Thanks for using such insulting words, because it's that much more fun to turn it back on Samsung.

The funniest thing about that is that although they look alike the Galaxy Tab is much more rectangular than the iPad.
  • Reply 35 of 47
    Quote:

If he's still officially in the fight, yeah, there are three combatants.

And that's not the state that Windows Phone 7 is in, anyway.

Eh it was my weakest analogy yet.
  • Reply 36 of 47
    Quote:

The screen size and form factor of every Samsung Tab is not like the iPad at all.
  • Reply 37 of 47
    Quote:

The screen size and form factor of every Samsung Tab is not like the iPad at all.

They were close enough for Samsung's legal council to not be able to differentiate them from iPads. In a courtroom. In front of the judge preceding over the case.
  • Reply 38 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by F1Ferrari View Post

They were close enough for Samsung's legal council to not be able to differentiate them from iPads. In a courtroom. In front of the judge preceding over the case.

dude...don't be an idiot...I don't give a fuck what one person from Samsung's legal team couldn't do...he's a moron...good for him...

I know that any non blind person looking at a 16:9 sceen at any size would not mistake that with a 4:3 screen. The poster I replied to specifically said "EXACTLY" in this post

Quote:

I refuse to believe that Apple is THAT PERFECT and their iPad has the PERFECT form factor and screen diamensions that Samsung needs to copy them EXACTLY.

Form factor and Screen dimensions...the two obvious things that ANY Tab and the iPad have different. You cannot call 16:9 a copy of 4:3 without looking like a moron.
  • Reply 39 of 47
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member
    Quote:

Eh it was my weakest analogy yet.

He'd like to think that but I apparently missed all his strong analogies.
  • Reply 40 of 47
    Quote:

dude...don't be an idiot...I don't give a fuck what one person from Samsung's legal team couldn't do...he's a moron...good for him?

Oh, so you don't care what one of the only people whose opinions on this whole thing matter couldn't do? Why?

Quote:

I know that any non blind person looking at a 16:9 sceen at any size would not mistake that with a 4:3 screen.

I'm going to a Best Buy this weekend. I'll put that to the test with other customers, if you'd like.