Samsung Galaxy Note Super Bowl ad takes more jabs at Apple users

Comments

• Reply 81 of 349
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Welcome to the free market. Wtf.

Good ideas are copied, personalized, altered, modified, improved etc. Mr. Jobs said so himself.

You lot seriously don't seem to understand the notion of competition.

And it was beta because it was a rush job to get something to market. They admitted it.

Well, at least there's a C word in there.

And I didn't said it's right or wrong. Calm down. I only said they're not innovative (for making devices at least).

Quote:

Also even if tomorrow a company released a tablet concept that blew the iPad out of the water on all facets no one would buy it because it is not Apple.

I'll buy it. Calm down again.
  • Reply 82 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

I don't think Stylus is needed for a phone but it will be great to have on a tablet.

And by all accounts the stylus on the Note is awesome.

I wonder if they'll have software that integrates it with the CS apps.

That'd be beyond awesome.

I do feel it's too large though to be a phone. I hope they release a tablet that utilizes the s-pen
  • Reply 83 of 349
    Quote:

Well, at least there's a C word in there.

And I didn't said it's right or wrong. Calm down. I only said they're not innovative (for making devices at least).

Google doesn't make devices.
  • Reply 84 of 349
    Quote:

Google doesn't make devices.

Rather they make the code for the devices, which in turn can be used pretty much by everyone else.
  • Reply 85 of 349
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    Too big to be used as a phone, too small to be any good for note taking, even using a stylus.

I use a stylus on an iPad for taking notes all the time(notes plus, a great app), but it needs all of the iPad screen. Any smaller and it would be annoyingly cramped.

I think Samsung is casting for ways to differentiate from the iPad, so note taking probably isn't a bad approach, it is just the execution is a fail as the galaxy note is too small. If it was a twelve inch screen it would be more effective for that specialized purpose. Next Tab perhaps?
  • Reply 86 of 349
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:

And by all accounts the stylus on the Note is awesome.

I would be excited though if it'll work on a Tab.
  • Reply 87 of 349
    Samsung spent $10,000,000 on this Super Bowl commercial for the Galaxy Note... and the iPhone 3GS will outsell it.

• Reply 88 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daramouthe View Post

Rather they make the code for the devices, which in turn can be used pretty much by everyone else.

The horror
  • Reply 89 of 349
    Quote:

I would be excited though if it'll work on a Tab.

That'd be nice. Not really interested in the current generation of Android tablets though.
  • Reply 90 of 349
    Quote:

Also making an appearance is the "barista" character from previous ads in the campaign, who makes the rather droll remark, "well that was over the top," at the commercial's close.

Also making an appearance is Miranda Kerr at 1:08.

Probably the best thing in this ad...
  • Reply 91 of 349
    What a crappy ad. If they're going to make a stupid ad with singing and dancing and zero plot, they should at LEAST budget for a few of the minor "Glee" stars ...
  • Reply 92 of 349
    bongobongo Posts: 158member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post

Samsung spent $10,000,000 on this Super Bowl commercial for the Galaxy Note... and the iPhone 3GS will outsell it.

How short sighted. They are trying to build a brand, like Apple did a while back.

And to all the folks who have nothing but bad things to say about it, I have the Note. Its an awesome phone, all my iphone buddies want it, love it, always ask for it and want to use my phone now that they are tired of Siri. And yes, before the obvious jokes start, it fits in my jeans. I dont wear skinny jeans:-s

And just use what you like. Without actually even having seen it, let alone used it, lots of flamers up here. I love my phone, you love yours. Both iphones and Sammy's are excellent pieces of tech. All android and Apple fanboys, its getting pretty annoying now. Dont want to use it, keep your big sized fonts at home. Scream at yourself in the mirror.
  • Reply 93 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FriedLobster View Post

racist comment removed

Neither will anyone else. Trust me. Pen computing was tried for two decades and hasn't gained any traction. Apple perfects the touch screen and suddenly touch interfaces are the new gold rush. Pen computing ain't coming back. A year from now, this Superbowl ad will be as quaint and as big a waste of money as the "1984" Xoom ad was last Superbowl.
  • Reply 94 of 349
    drdoppiodrdoppio Posts: 1,132member
    Where's the thread about Apple's Super Bowl ad?
  • Reply 95 of 349
    I own an SGS2 and would really like to try out a Note. Everything about my device is badass, and I have big hands so a larger device would be no problem. Apple gets the nod for creativity. Without Apple our devices would all be shitty Windows Mobile 6.x clones.

edit: to keep it on topic, the the Samsung ad still falls short. C'mon guys. give the SG Note the justice it deserves. Save the stupid dirtbike stunts for someone else
  • Reply 96 of 349
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avTwunfm698

If you ask me I would want it now after seeing the stylus in action that is pretty ligit for a phone. I hope to see this on tablets soon. Then I would plunge and buy one.
  • Reply 97 of 349
    It has a stylus? Like my PalmPilot? How nostalgic!
  • Reply 98 of 349
    hjbhjb Posts: 278member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Entropys View Post

Too big to be used as a phone, too small to be any good for note taking, even using a stylus.

I use a stylus on an iPad for taking notes all the time(notes plus, a great app), but it needs all of the iPad screen. Any smaller and it would be annoyingly cramped.

I think Samsung is casting for ways to differentiate from the iPad, so note taking probably isn't a bad approach, it is just the execution is a fail as the galaxy note is too small. If it was a twelve inch screen it would be more effective for that specialized purpose. Next Tab perhaps?

GN Spen is not perfect, but it is a really great tool. Only issue with GN Spen from us is that it is a bit slippery to write on the glass. There are some digitized pens compatible to Galaxy Note. I am looking at one particular pen that comes with several different tips. I am sure that some screen protectors will be available especially for stylus devices.

I bought Galaxy Note for my wife about 3month ago. I can tell you that this is best smartphone available.
  • Reply 99 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bongo View Post

How short sighted. They are trying to build a brand, like Apple did a while back.

And to all the folks who have nothing but bad things to say about it, I have the Note. Its an awesome phone, all my iphone buddies want it, love it, always ask for it and want to use my phone now that they are tired of Siri. And yes, before the obvious jokes start, it fits in my jeans. I dont wear skinny jeans:-s

And just use what you like. Without actually even having seen it, let alone used it, lots of flamers up here. I love my phone, you love yours. Both iphones and Sammy's are excellent pieces of tech. All android and Apple fanboys, its getting pretty annoying now. Dont want to use it, keep your big sized fonts at home. Scream at yourself in the mirror.

Oh I wanna get my hands on it for sure. I can't comprehend a phone that big!

I could have gone Android after my last Blackberry... but I went iPhone 4S instead. My first iPhone. I like it.

Yes... Samsung is trying to build a brand... but they can't force it.

Apple began its journey to become one of the biggest consumer electronics brands over 10 years ago with the iPod... and again 5 year ago with the iPhone.

Samsung seems impatient. Instead of earning it... they just attack Apple and its users.

And another thing... the whole "Samsung brand" is a mystery to me.

Samsung makes Android phones. Guess what? Motorola makes Android phones. HTC makes Android phones. LG makes Android phones. A dozen companies make Android phones.

What does "it's a Samsung" mean anyway?
  • Reply 100 of 349
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Of the 99 posts in this thread alone, 15 are from AbsoluteDesignz.