AT&T's 4G-compatible micro-SIM cards prompt speculation of LTE 'iPad 3'

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

Please use "LTE" and "4G" more accurately. They are not the same, and should not be used together.

Calling pre-LTE stuff 4G shouldn't happen. I agree with that.

But not calling LTE 4G? So what's LTE, then? Still 3G? 3.5G? Tell that to every single telecom out there. They'll never buy it.

"G" is what it's claimed to be. When everyone defines it as such, that's what it is.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

Please use "LTE" and "4G" more accurately. They are not the same, and should not be used together.

So you dn't want to call LTE '4G' even though...
    1. ...there is no worldwide body that says the number 4 and the letter G can only refer to LTE Advance

2. ...that it's the 4th generation network architecture used by most MNOs

3. ...and, that the ITU, the body that governs the specific definition within their limited space at you would have originally cling to has themselves loosened '4G' to include not only LTE but also HSPA+.

Your adhering to the ITU's old definition with an inability to recognize their current (and over a year old) definition is like the rumour of Japanese soldiers not knowing the war is over. The difference is they had no access to information and you're choosing to ignore it.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    Looks like the cellular-based iPad supply is constrained. It's looking like we will see the 16GB WiFi-only iPad 2 being sold along side the iPad 3.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Strange that over here you wrote 'this year', but anyhoo, why don't you have WiFi at home, if I may ask? Is internet unavailable at your location? Is it remote?

Thanks

Well I get the same 5-6m down on my dsl line so when I'm using the ilad as the video source for my second tv set. It's the same to use 3G and since is unlimited why not.

Actually since no one else it's using the iPad bandwidth most of the the time is faster...
  • Reply 45 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShAdOwXPR View Post

Well I get the same 5-6m down on my dsl line so when I'm using the ilad as the video source for my second tv set. It's the same to use 3G and since is unlimited why not.

Actually since no one else it's using the iPad bandwidth most of the the time is faster...

Ah, ok, I see, that makes sense. Sorry to hear the DSL isn't much faster than 3G at your location. Really hope you guys get better DSL speeds in the future - fast.

Best
  • Reply 46 of 48
    The Pantech Burst, already on AT&T takes a Micro SIM and is LTE enabled. People read too much into things...
  • Reply 47 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Ah, ok, I see, that makes sense. Sorry to hear the DSL isn't much faster than 3G at your location. Really hope you guys get better DSL speeds in the future - fast.

Best

Well if LTE develops to 100m down, I think never. How fast is your DSL? AT&T LTE is suppose to hit 20m right now...
  • Reply 48 of 48