the defruaded guy is getting an ibook

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
since that bastard ripped me off for my tibook-

all i can swing is an ibook. do you guys think an ibook 700 ( 12.1 screen of course ) with an extra 256 ram will be fast enough to run return to castle wolfenstein , osx , anything a collge student might use, etc - does anyone have a 700 mhz ibook , is it enough of an improvement over the 600 to justify the price increase? doesn't it have something called the " sahara " g3 or something - or am i just retarted ?

BY THE WAY , Thanks to all who wrote in and told me about their own defraudments. I do feel better though I am still 2gs down

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Moving to Genius Bar...
  • Reply 2 of 7
    cmn083cmn083 Posts: 35member
    Sorry I am kind of new at this
  • Reply 3 of 7
    cyko95cyko95 Posts: 391member
    I have one of the new 700mhz iBooks and I get excellent performace out of it from gaming to graphic editing. I don't think you'll be disappointed in it.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    rodukroduk Posts: 706member
    The iBook is a nice machine in its own right. It would be easy to think of it as the TiBook's poor relation, but I think that would be a mistake. For what its intended for, especially college students, its ideal. Its difficult to say if its "fast enough", as speed is subjective. What appears fast to one person may seem slow to another. I guess it also depends on what you're used to.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    would it be worth me putting in a 512 instead of the 256 ? by the way , how difficult is installing memory in one of these puppies ? By the way , I will mostly be using this computer to

1 assemble an outrageous music collection.

2 Write papers

3 cruise the internet

4 email friends at home and insatant message (what instant messaging program is the best?)

5 Watch DVD's

6 Be cooler than everyone else cause I have a timbuk2 bag and a mac instead of black nylon targus and a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet coal grey dell with a budget screen and 45 minute ball licking battery life that crashes more than than an allman brother ( or kelsey grahmmer on coke for that matter )
  • Reply 6 of 7
    OH CRAP ON MY HEAD

I forgot to mention that I will be playing

1 return to castle wolfenstein ( I am buying it with the computer it looks so cool)

2 Quake

3 That medal of honor game, though I am unsure of it's relative sweetness due to my lack of experience rocking out with it
  • Reply 7 of 7
    rodukroduk Posts: 706member
    I'd say 256 is enough, if you will mostly be using iTunes, AppleWorks, Internet Explorer, Mail and Apple's DVD player. If you plan to use a number of these at the same time, it might speed things up a bit though if you got some additional memory.

The iBook isn't the worlds best gaming machine. I'm sure it will handle RTCW, MOHAA etc but you may have to switch off some of the graphics options to achieve an acceptable frame rate.