CD burner - easiest to use w/ iTunes?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Ok - I'm helping my sister pick out a CD burner, and I've done a bunch of comparisons on Amazon and CNET, but they're very conflicted in general and not ultimately helpful.

She'll be using a G4 400 AGP, which of course has a FireWire port built in. OS 9.2, though I'm not sure of the 0.0.x modifier.

The main factor is ease of use and most of all, compatibility with iTunes. The weird thing is, I can't seem to find any mention of iTunes in the reviews or user feedback posts for any of the burners - I've looked mainly at a few Yamaha models, a QueFire, a LaCie, and the CyClone CD Revo. She'll only be using it for music, and she's got all her playlists and everything set up on iTunes, and, though I'm sure Toast isn't too unintuitive, let's just say that the fewer confusing options she's got in front of her, the better. Gets testy when computers don't do their thing, and I'll be off in college and not immediately available to fix things for her.

So - any opinions? Speed is not too important, and I figure any fairly recent FireWire drive will be snappy enough. Cost is a factor - as far below $200 as possible, but I'd pay a small premium for dependability and iTunes compatibility. Those are the big things.

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    As long as its compatible, every burner should work about the same within iTunes. I've had an EZ-Quest for over 2 years now and it's never been out of commission.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    rodukroduk Posts: 706member
    I think ease of use depends on the software more than the hardware. So long as a CD burner is compatible, it will be as easy (or as hard) to use as any other. Toast is pretty much the standard these days and you probably don't have a lot of choice on the software front. I'm not sure whether the Apple web site lists the CD burners compatible with iTunes, in the way it lists the cameras compatible with iPhoto, but its probably worth having a quick look.