Apple stock hits $500 milestone

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I think about selling my AAPL a few years ago in order to buy a new lot and build a house. I don't own a single share now but I have a really nice house.

Likewise. I sold a bunch of mine for a downpayment on a house about ten years ago. And I donated some to my church when it was ~$190.

Fortunately, I kept a few shares, and my 401k funds have a lot of Apple in them.

- Jasen.
  • Reply 62 of 63
    wovelwovel Posts: 956member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

No, that can't be true, because all the experts here keep telling me it only goes down after good news. Either that chart is wrong, or a lot of dummies are pretending to know what they're talking about.

You are mostly right. So are they. I am not sure either of you know why. Stocks do tend to go up on good rumors and drop (for a short time) on good news when the traders take their profit. Apples most recent earnings blew away even some of the rumors people thought were crazy. That disrupted the cycle and made the profit taking irrelevant.
  • Reply 63 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

More opportunities coming in the future.

Elaborate.

Not at $350 or near it, unless something incredibly catastrophic happens.

Edit: Just say your response. Makes sense of course. Hopefully we don't see such a strong pullback (I think that one in December was hopefully a one-off in dramatization, though, it was an incredible buy, so it could have been used either way), but of course there will be pullbacks which spur massive upward waves.