Apple's US Samsung lawsuit expands to 8 patents and names 17 products

Comments

• Reply 21 of 83
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmm View Post

Except that photo only works for imbeciles as it shows an incomplete picture of their lineup. Now do you want to be an imbecile or do you want to go look up some of their other phone models circa 2007-2008? It wasn't all Apple.

No probs, I'll just post the photo of everyone's phones released after the iPhone!

• Reply 22 of 83
    Jeeze, all those phones on the left look like soap-on-a-rope.
  • Reply 23 of 83
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Santoanderson View Post

That link isn't working, but if it's the one I'm thinking of, it looks like they ripped off the Zune:

Yes style wise its similar to the Zune. Its a touchscreen phone/music player and it even had a front facing camera. Apple perfected the touchscreen phone but the technology was slowly progressing that way. Apple just gave it a swift kick. I'm not saying Samsung is completely innocent but it would've been in their best interest to continue the road they were on and avoid all these problems.
  • Reply 24 of 83
    I hope Apple kicks Samesung's teeth in. Not Android OS, but Samesung. This company blantantly rips off Apple products and then jokes about it. Didn't I read that they used an iPhone screen capture for the literature on their music player? Samesung lacks any sense of morality, and as such, I seriously hope they get their asses kicked.
  • Reply 25 of 83
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No probs, I'l just post the photo of everyone's phones released after the iPhone!

You forget this was pre iPhone and there's still phones for sale now that look like the ones on the left.
  • Reply 26 of 83
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Yes style wise its similar to the Zune. Its a touchscreen phone/music player and it even had a front facing camera. Apple perfected the touchscreen phone but the technology was slowly progressing that way. Apple just gave it a swift kick. I'm not saying Samsung is completely innocent but it would've been in their best interest to continue the road they were on and avoid all these problems.

I think this device best sums up the problem I have with Samsung products. Apple has the track record of not releasing a feature or a new product until they've spent 2-5 years making it consumer friendly. Samsung seems like they just hunt out the hot new, untested feature (4G, dual cameras, face-unlock, etc.) and then throws it into the first available model with little concern for usability.
  • Reply 27 of 83
    Quote:

You forget this was pre iPhone and there's still phones for sale now that look like the ones on the left.

Ah, the Prada. The phone that everyone refers to as having been the template from which Apple created their phone, despite Apple having developed the iPhone for 16 months prior to the Prada's unveiling and despite the Prada's UI never being shown before the announcement of the iPhone?

And yes, dumbphones still exist, thankfully. I need to have something to update my existing phone to when it finally dies.
  • Reply 28 of 83
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xavier83 View Post

Its what Steve wanted he said he wanted to start WW3 on Android even if it meant spending the 100 billion in the bank on it..this should make any other company think twice

And that exactly the message Apple wants to send out: Step on our patents, and wish you'd stepped on a cobra instead.

Eventually this legal morass with lead back to the big mother: Google.

1. Apple sues Samsung and wins

(a) Causing Samsung to shovel millions of dollars of product into a hole in the ground.

(b) Causing Samsung to pay billions in fines of infringement penalties.

2. Samsung sues Google for damages for passing off Android as something they owned and exposing Samsung to billions of loss.

3. After Oracle, Samsung, HTC, and all the other Android phone manufacturers gets done with Google, Apple buys Google.

And that how the boa constrictor eats the fat cow.
  • Reply 29 of 83
    Quote:

Can someone bring up one of those requisite "Samsung phones before 2007 & Samsung phones after 2007" images?

You mean one of those before and after "LG Prada"? (duck)
  • Reply 30 of 83
    Quote:

Ah, the Prada. The phone that everyone refers to as having been the template from which Apple created their phone, despite Apple having developed the iPhone for 16 months prior to the Prada's unveiling and despite the Prada's UI never being shown before the announcement of the iPhone?

And yes, dumbphones still exist, thankfully. I need to have something to update my existing phone to when it finally dies.

I think he was saying that the current iPhone 4/4S looks like the Prada.
  • Reply 31 of 83
    Quote:

No probs, I'll just post the photo of everyone's phones released after the iPhone!

That isn't everyone's phone...

• Reply 32 of 83
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WaywardPondering View Post

Thank you Sacto Joe for highlighting how wrong you think I am wrong, but providing no reasoning as to how or why. You must merely enjoy picking apart other people's posts while you yourself provide nothing new or intellectual.

I easily understood what Sacto Joe was saying. If you didn't get it, then you are as he says...

Stupid is as stupid does (over and over).
  • Reply 33 of 83
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Firefly7475 View Post

Man! Those are a lot of wild colors on those MS phones... everything there except Zune brown.
  • Reply 34 of 83
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Firefly7475 View Post

See, I don't have a problem with this phone from a legal standpoint. Nokia is at least trying to differ themselves from Apple's stuff -- add a little diversity to the pot, if you will. But Samsung's Galaxy phones.... they're blatant attempts to capitalize on the popularity of the iPhone. Hell, last Christmas my elderly mother's phone died on her, and my Dad nearly walked out of the AT&T store with a Galaxy because the storekeeper told him "It's just like an iPhone." It's obvious to everyone that the iPhone has been Samsung's greatest marketing tool.
  • Reply 35 of 83
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacInsider2 View Post

Well then just buy them all and shut them down. Probably cheaper than paying the lawyers for years.

Not hardly.
  • Reply 36 of 83
    Quote:

No I've never once said Apple copied the Prada nor took its design. I'm merely pointing out to those here not in the know that touchscreen although woefully lousy did exist before the iPhone. Here's a review of the Prada a full month before the iPhone was released.

http://m.cnet.com/CReviews_Review.rb...316442.html%3f
  • Reply 37 of 83
    Quote:

Yea I've heard those touchscreen phones are wildly overrated plus they're not free.
  • Reply 38 of 83
    Quote:

See, I don't have a problem with this phone from a legal standpoint. Nokia is at least trying to differ themselves from Apple's stuff -- add a little diversity to the pot, if you will. But Samsung's Galaxy phones.... they're blatant attempts to capitalize on the popularity of the iPhone. Hell, last Christmas my elderly mother's phone died on her, and my Dad nearly walked out of the AT&T store with a Galaxy because the storekeeper told him "It's just like an iPhone." It's obvious to everyone that the iPhone has been Samsung's greatest marketing tool.

Have you seen the numbers lately?

Nokia (not copying Apple)- Dismal sales

Samsung (copying Apple)- Good sales

I don't condone it but I understand.
  • Reply 39 of 83
    Quote:

No I've never once said Apple copied the Prada nor took its design. I'm merely pointing out to those here not in the know that touchscreen although woefully lousy did exist before the iPhone. Here's a review of the Prada a full month before the iPhone was released.

http://m.cnet.com/CReviews_Review.rb...316442.html%3f

That's good... because Apple had been working on the iPhone for 2.5 years. It's crazy to think that Apple needed some last-minute influence from LG

Although there are some people who think Apple copied the LG Prada... I think the president of LG said it too!
  • Reply 40 of 83
    I get the feeling this thread will turn into Picasa.