Alleged 'iPad 3' photos showcase larger camera, tapered case

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 134
    timbittimbit Posts: 331member
    Why are they puting a better camera on the back??? I'm not taking pictures with my giant iPad, I'm doing FaceTime, which should have a better camera for better quality.
  • Reply 122 of 134
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Timbit View Post

Why are they puting a better camera on the back??? I'm not taking pictures with my giant iPad, I'm doing FaceTime, which should have a better camera for better quality.

And why not? Maybe people would be taking more pictures with their iPad if it had a decent camera.

Even though it's thought of as totally uncool to use an iPad for that purpose (according to what I read online), I wouldn't give a crap about what those people say, and I would have no second thoughts about using my iPad 3 to take pictures or shoot video with, especially if it had an ok camera, plus you'd get the added bonus of pissing off a few losers in the process.

I like the idea of having an amazing quality, super hi-res, big screen to look at when composing shots.
  • Reply 123 of 134
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Who the hell in this thread is suggesting an iPad is the best tool to write a novel??!

EDIT: Holy shit, someone is suggesting that. I stand corrected, I guess there is someone out there.

Nope. Read it again. Nobody is suggesting that an iPad is the BEST tool for that (at least, I sure didn't see it). The debate was whether iPads were beginning to replace Macs and/or PCs. I pointed out that it's already happening and I gave the novel writing app as an example that the lack of a physical keyboard isn't holding back the iPad, especially when compared to the many ways the form factor excels. And, really, it's quite easy to use a physical keyboard with an iPad. My Apple wireless keyboard pairs up easily (there's a Mac app called 1Keyboard that switches a bluetooth keyboard easily from the Mac to an iPhone, iPad or other device. It's a pretty slick app)

EDIT: Oops. You weren't talking about my comment. Still, the OP of the comment you're referring to gave reasons why it works for him, and they make sense. And if you google it, you'll find he's not the only one. It really is wild to see the things people are using iPads for.
  • Reply 124 of 134
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Timbit View Post

This is the problem with people these days. They think "I don't do something, so that must mean NOBODY does it." I wouldn't use my iPad for street photography or outdoor photography, but indoors, I can think of plenty of applications where that giant screen would be really helpful. Even with DSLRs, I'm seeing more and more people shooting using the LCD screen on the back instead of the eyepiece. I don't, but I see others doing that. If Apple puts an 8 megapixel camera in an iPad, just watch as people find uses for it that most never imagined. Frankly, that's what's so amazing about the technology Apple and others create. It's often the unexpected uses that turn out to be amazing. And inspiring.
  • Reply 125 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Unless I missed the announcement from Sharp licensing their IGZO technology, neither LG nor Samsung are in on this one.

You didn't miss the announcement but I think you missed the Appleinsider rumor about the iPad3(2s) display manufacturer.
  • Reply 126 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

He has sort of become the new slapppy. I'd say pay him no heed at this point.

What's wrong with passing along photos from 9to5mac? Does there have to be a meaningful point in every comment that people leave?
  • Reply 127 of 134
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post

And you're right - for you. For the needs of others now, you're wrong. Your next statement is a perfect example of why:

You're thinking based on your tastes and preferences rather than understanding the tastes and preferences of others.

You know, it might be a foreign of a concept to you, there, I was asking an honest question to Prof. Peabody what his reasoning was. Maybe you can let Prof. Peabody answer that one for himself? How can I understand his reasoning without asking for it?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post

And, really, it's quite easy to use a physical keyboard with an iPad. My Apple wireless keyboard pairs up easily (there's a Mac app called 1Keyboard that switches a bluetooth keyboard easily from the Mac to an iPhone, iPad or other device. It's a pretty slick app)

Doesn't this system strike you as odd? Carry a bluetooth keyboard, you give up the form factor advantage. Add even the thinnest BT keyboard and case, and you're at least the thickness of an Air. The Apple BT keyboard is the thickness of an Air by itself, if not thicker.
  • Reply 128 of 134
    onhkaonhka Posts: 1,025member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

This would be a significant jump in resolution for the tablet, though a much-welcomed upgrade from the harshly-reviewed 1MP camera found on the iPad 2.

If you are going to cite, it would be prudent to use references that supported your claims.
  • Reply 129 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Why not only use a laptop instead of a desktop and an iPad? I'd think that simplifies the whole system.

It is disappointing that computers don't sync together better. I never understood why no one ever solved that problem, the technology industry only had, what, twenty years to solve that?

If he simply used iCloud, the whole syncing thing would go away. Carrying a MacBook Air is obviously a better choice.
  • Reply 130 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

EDIT: Holy shit, someone is suggesting that. I stand corrected, I guess there is someone out there.

There's one born every minute. Next up: Someone will claim that the iPad works best to make fine art.
  • Reply 131 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

There's one born every minute. Next up: Someone will claim that the iPad works best to make fine art.

By the definition of fine art, the iPad can be used to make fine art. In may not be the "best" tool, but again, by the definition of fine art (which includes "modern art"), there is no "best" tool for fine art.
  • Reply 132 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

By the definition of fine art, the iPad can be used to make fine art. In may not be the "best" tool, but again, by the definition of fine art (which includes "modern art"), there is no "best" tool for fine art.

I'm glad to see that we agree. It would be jsut as silly to claim that the iPad is the best tool to make fine art as it is to claim that the iPad is the best tool upon which to write a novel.
  • Reply 133 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

I'm glad to see that we agree. It would be jsut as silly to claim that the iPad is the best tool to make fine art as it is to claim that the iPad is the best tool upon which to write a novel.

Of course. There's no best tool for anything. I dunno, maybe a typewriter is the best tool for someone in a particular situation for the novel they're writing.
  • Reply 134 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NotScott View Post

The photo at the root of this article needs to be considered more.

For a second there I thought you were the first to notice the big problem, but no. Why has no one mentioned that in the photo the whole device has been changed to a landscape orientation? They've got the cell antenna cover on the long side, and the buttons on the short side. Unless Apple is completely changing the orientation of the device, this photo is a terrible fake.