Apple's iOS passes Android, accounts for 35% of mobile ad impressions

Comments

• Reply 21 of 66
    Another false claim by apple zealots. iOS is slipping in sales and in ad impressions. Read the truth here:

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-...ennial-433201/

Android with 47% and iOS at 32%.
  • Reply 22 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by djuliano View Post

Thanks for not reading the article, troll.

It specifically says North America.
  • Reply 23 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Thanks for not reading the article, troll.

It specifically says North America.

Love how iOS zealots pick and choose their stats to try to feel like they are winning when Android is dominating the worldwide market. iOS zealots see: "iOS ad impressions in public library of central michigan town of klugeville grow 100% showing iOS is best OS in world!". The rest of the world sees the truth: "Android ad impressions dominating the worldwide market as iOS ad impressions drop precipitously worldwide except for the public library in a town with a population of 12 in klugeville michigan"
  • Reply 24 of 66
    Quote:

Love how iOS zealots pick and choose their stats to try to feel like they are winning when Android is dominating the worldwide market.

Indeed, I was bothered myself when I saw this was North America only.

As for the rest of your post, it almost sounds like slapppy is back.
  • Reply 25 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rabbit_Coach View Post

It really doesn't surprise me that much. When I look around in public transportation, of all the people who seem to do more than just a phone call, more than 60 - 70 % are using an iPhone. I believe the way Apple perfections even smallest details as well as the overall user experience finally starts to play. Android on the other hand, where every HW manufacturer as well as every carrier meddles with the system will never be able to generate this kind of coherence. Ultimately users will always suffer some frustration, unless they are sworn apple haters.

I just went to starbucks and literally counted the iphone, ipad and macbooks I could see in use vs the android phones I could see. of 47 people I counted in 1 hour of sipping my coffee, 13 were using some sort of apple device, 30 were using some sort of android device and I saw 4 windows phone's. Hardly "70% using apple" that you claim.

I saw the same at the local book store of barnes and nobles. Basically 75% android usage anywhere I go.
  • Reply 26 of 66
    Quote:

I just went to starbucks and literally counted the iphone, ipad and macbooks I could see in use vs the android phones I could see. of 47 people I counted in 1 hour of sipping my coffee, 13 were using some sort of apple device, 30 were using some sort of android device and I saw 4 windows phone's. Hardly "70% using apple" that you claim.

I saw the same at the local book store of barnes and nobles. Basically 75% android usage anywhere I go.

Clearly... Google and a dozen manufacturers are beating Apple.

So what's the grand prize?
  • Reply 27 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The latest study also found that the top three handsets tracked on the advertising network were all made by Apple. The most popular device tracked in North America was the iPhone 4, with a 9 percent share of impressions, followed by the first-generation iPad with 6.3 percent and the fourth-generation iPod touch with 6.1 percent.

Where is the iPhone 4S and iPad 2? I can see probably where the 4S is too new and hasn't sold enough volume yet, but is this also due in part to Siri? Individuals are presented with fewer ads when using Siri to gather information. But the iPad 2 has been out for almost a whole year, with better sales than the original iPad. Maybe this has to do with paid apps versus ad-supported free apps. The people with more money - those who upgraded to an iPad 2 - spend more money on paid apps, while people of more modest means - those who couldn't afford to upgrade or have a hand-me-down iPad from someone who upgraded - stick to the free, ad-suported apps. One thing evident is the longevity of Apple products, previous generation models are still in use in large numbers.
  • Reply 28 of 66
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Speaking of zealots, I'd say that a zealot is somebody who would bother to take the time to sign up to a forum which they do not like for the sole purpose of calling people on that forum zealots.
  • Reply 29 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post

Clearly... Google and a dozen manufacturers are beating Apple.

So what's the grand prize?

World domination is the prize of course.
  • Reply 30 of 66
    Quote:

We don't use insults here, even in reports about people and particularly when the reports aren't valid.
  • Reply 31 of 66
    Quote:

Wait, so you are complaining about Apple supporters using cherry picked, anecdotal evidence with a small sample size ("a library in Michigan"), and then you back your case with anecdotal evidence from a book store and a starbucks?

Perhaps a review of statistics and sampling is in order...

In any case, both this article and the eWeek article about Millennial Media are limited. Neither claims to give a view of the total market, only the specific companies (InMobi and Millennial Media). So, all we can really glean from them is that InMobi is serving more iPhone ads and Millennial Media is serving more Android.

My take is that both OSes are still fighting for dominance, and there is no clear winner. These are still early days.
  • Reply 32 of 66
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GalaxyTab View Post

Apple's iOS passes Android, accounts for 35% of mobile ad impressions*

*in North America

Couldn't have clarified the North America part in the title no? \

Why does an Android sycophant choose to join an Apple centric site? It wouldn't even cross my mind to join an Android forum just so I could make stupid statements.
  • Reply 33 of 66
    rptrpt Posts: 175member
    Quote:

Allmost like my family, we are 80% Android, 20% IPhone. But the rest of my family would rather have had my iPhone. And, and I admit this is anecdotical, in our car it works perfectly with the bluetooth, just like my 6 years older Windows driven HTC, but wery much unlike the less than 1 year old Androids (Sony-E)
  • Reply 34 of 66
    Quote:

i find that true too...if i'm in the ghetto...Basically because they sell buy one get one free cheaper andriod feature phones.

in which case i wont whip out my iphone or ipad because i'm afraid of getting mugged.

go to a more affluent part of town. it's the complete opposite.

better yet when you do see an android phone notice how it's rarely the latest and greatest but rather an older version..
  • Reply 35 of 66
    Quote:

So.... 100% of smartphones will be running a Google OS someday?

Psssh... that will never happen. Not unless every other platform goes out of business.

So again... what does Google get for having the largest platform?

It's not money... Google already has the biggest OS marketshare... yet they can't monetize it like other companies who sell hardware.

Maybe it will turn around when Googlerola starts selling phones.
  • Reply 36 of 66
    Quote:

Seems you live somewhere else. I can only speak for what I see in public transportation where I live. And believe me I have no reason to tell lies!
  • Reply 37 of 66
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

What's 'starbucks'?
  • Reply 38 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Why does an Android sycophant choose to join an Apple centric site? It wouldn't even cross my mind to join an Android forum just so I could make stupid statements.

His statement wasn't stupid; it was correct. Just because you disagree with it does not make it stupid.

That being said, what makes you assume ones' interest can only be in one company? I own a Macbook Pro, an iPad 2, and an HTC EVO because I wanted very specific things out of my various devices. Should I be allowed to come to this site because (assuming I blindly followed the companies I buy from) 67% of me supports Apple? Or should I be banned because 33% of me is tainted with Android? I've never understood that about some posters here. Just because someone does not agree with a certain article does not mean they shouldn't be allowed to post on it. That would take away all of the fun I get from reading this site
  • Reply 39 of 66
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I get why iOS is gaining and BB is losing but why is Android losing? Can someone define wining for me again¡

You mean winning? What exactly is the prize?
  • Reply 40 of 66
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

What's 'starbucks'?

Its money celebrities use, silly rabbit.