Apple's iOS passes Android, accounts for 35% of mobile ad impressions

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Not completely without lock. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Motorola have a lockout preventing user upgrades from booting?

locked bootloaders...a few manufacturers have them but most have come to their senses and offer free bootloader unlocking tools....which, IMO is smart and should remain the norm as that way it prevents Joe-moron from ruining his device for whatever reason and allows the others who want to root the ability to root easy.
  • Reply 62 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by F1Ferrari View Post

I know this is anecdotal, but a year ago my mother, my wife, and myself were the only people I regularly dealt with that had iPhones. One year later my father-in-law, my step-father, my brother, his wife and 2 of their kids, 2 of the women in my department at work, and my mom's best friend all have iPhones, while only 3 of my regular gang have upgraded to Android devices. 2 of those three picked the Android because it was 99¢ when they upgraded, and the other one's daughter-in-law worked at an AT&T store and was able to give him a 'family' discount when he upgraded.

Again, this is just anecdotal.

Anectotal or not, this sounds just like my own story. Some times I whish back the Old times, when I new I had a wonderful device, that most people didn't even have a clue about. But of course usually I am just happy with the way Apple is growing.
  • Reply 63 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rabbit_Coach View Post

Seems you live somewhere else. I can only speak for what I see in public transportation where I live. And believe me I have no reason to tell lies!

I live in Rancho Santa Fe, CA aka the beverly hills of San Diego.
  • Reply 64 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by s4bones View Post

i find that true too...if i'm in the ghetto...Basically because they sell buy one get one free cheaper andriod feature phones.

in which case i wont whip out my iphone or ipad because i'm afraid of getting mugged.

go to a more affluent part of town. it's the complete opposite.

better yet when you do see an android phone notice how it's rarely the latest and greatest but rather an older version..

I live in Rancho Santa Fe, CA aka the beverly hills of San Diego. The average person that lives in my neighborhood is worth multi millions so you're statement holds no water. Anywhere I go, it's android, android, android.
  • Reply 65 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Icelus View Post

I am not saying that everyone WILL buy it. I am saying everyone IS buying it.

I have only seen one Galaxy phone in the wild. Frankly, I am stunned by how many people have iPhones now. Maybe it is just the part of town I travel in. Maybe less affluent area have more Android phones.

Even if only 35% have iPhones, everyone else has an odd assortment of sized and shaped phones. The iPhone is still going to win the the branding battle. If people think that everyone has an iPhone, that is what people will want.

Once you have an iPad the iPhone tends to become something you use in a pinch while on the road, why do I need the bulk of a huge screen, and with Siri I don't really need the keyboard so much.

I predict the iPhone will soon be as dominate as the iPod once was, regardless of the validity of the reasons.

Just looking at statistics, EVERYONE is not buying iphone's. The EU has dropping market share for iphone usage and increasing android usage. In the US, Android sales outsell iphone's daily. Total market share of android being 49.7% and growing daily and iOS 28% and stagnant shows MOST people are chosing android.

"Last year, despite Apple's high-profile launch of the new iPhone 4S, only 5 per cent of the smartphones sold in Greece and 9 per cent of those sold in Portugal were iPhones."

EU stats here:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...036145902.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...-eurozone.html

http://techbystep.blogspot.com/2012/...worldwide.html

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...-1226282983524
  • Reply 66 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by djuliano View Post

I live in Rancho Santa Fe, CA aka the beverly hills of San Diego. The average person that lives in my neighborhood is worth multi millions so you're statement holds no water. Anywhere I go, it's android, android, android.

As someone who also lives in North County of San Diego, I also see a significant tilt towards android. Besides the wealth, it might have something to do with the amount of tech firms around the San Diego area.